I was saving a project on Visual Studio 2008 Pro when my computer rebooted.
Now when I open a solution, I get the message “Unable to read the project file ‘XXXXX.csproj’.”.
I checked this file, it contains only nulled chars (instead of all the config of the project).
Is there a way to recover or regenerate this file?
Thanks for your help.
I had this situation. Try to do the following.
1. Create a new similar project
2. Copy the content of the *.csproj (or vbproj, etc.)
3. Remove all the “Compile Include” references.
4. Launch your project, it should starts with none of your forms, class…
5. Add all your existing items in your project…
In the extreme case, if this advice does not help, then try to use the online service for recover microsoft project file. Maybe it will help.
Hope that helps!)