RAR archive is damaged. how to restore it?

Home Forums Other Misc RAR archive is damaged. how to restore it?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  James Haynes 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • splatter

Hello, I have a problem, my newly created file .rar refused to open and WinRAR showed something like-Packed CRC data does not match volume name. The file is corrupted. I checked all my other RAR archives, they were found to be valid. Is there anyone here who can advise on a way to restore The WinRar archive?

Ossian

Did you include a recovery record when you created the archive?
    Have you tried the repair option in WinRAR?

(My spam senses are tingling with this thread — Note to other posters – any new members coming up with a miracle cure in the form of a commercial product WILL be banned. Established members (at least 10 posts) probably won’t be :twisted:)

biggles77
    Spectator

If it is a newly created file, then just create the bloody thing again. :roll:

James Haynes

there are several reasons you could get CRC fails from winrar.
    1) bad RAM. easy to check, run memcheck and make sure the RAM is good.
    2) antivirus software… try disabling and unpacking again.
    3) corrupted winrar version. try reinstalling winrar and DONT USE THE BETA VERSION

and you know that you can still open rar up and go to file > open and then select the files you want to unrar. Then you click the “extract to” icon and check the box that says “Keep Broken Files” under miscellaneous. it will extract what it can and tell you what is fuct.

and another option, you can use 7zip to try to open a rar archive, might work as well.

otherwise i would say rezip the files and make a new archive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.