Problems after upgrading Home to Pro

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Problems after upgrading Home to Pro

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  benjaminb 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

After upgrading my PC from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, it is disturbing a lot. Sometimes it is automatically restarting whereas sometimes it is not starting although it is having full charged battery not only this my PC is heating up a lot and the fan is rotating very fast. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ossian

Without telling us some more details (make, model, detailed specs) about your PC, it is not possible to help at all, but given the symptoms, I would consider a wipe and reinstall of the OS, and if that doesn’t sort it, get the hardware looked at.

Alternatively, consider an exorcism (but do not use holy water unless disconnected from the mains) :twisted:

benjaminb

Hi Jacklogan,

The problem may be associated with either a hardware or software issue.

In my case, the problem was due to some alienware. Here is what I did and up to now, my OS is stable without any issue.

Once you are logged in to your PC follow the below steps.

1. Run Device Manager.
    2. Find Display adapters.
    3. Right-click on your GPU and open Properties
    4. From the Details tab, open Hardware Id and copy the first line to your wordpad or notepad
    5. Next, move on to Drivers tab and Uninstall driver.
    6. Paste the first line and search. You should see the exact name and details about the GPU you’re using.
    7. Navigate to an official drivers provider site and download proper, latest drivers.
    8. Install drivers and restart PC.

I hope the above steps help.

biggles77
    Spectator

This should be in a new thread. I think that hijacking a banned spammer’s thread is unethical. [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”small”,”data-attachmentid”:518116}[/ATTACH]

I will split it off later and hopefully I can get the redirect right this time. The reason for having your own thread callmejacklogan is to ensure you get the maximum possible number of members and guests (they may register just to answer your question/problem/issue) to provide a solution to your post. See, there’s a method to my madness. [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”small”,”data-attachmentid”:518117}[/ATTACH]

Ossian

Thread split – there isn’t a redirect option, so I hope people find it

(and yes, my spam-sense is tingling with this thread too….)

biggles77
    Spectator

Mmmm, someone is using a proxy in Kenya. I’m due for several hundred million $$$ again about now.

Blood

Hopefully, it is not spam….

This is often due to an item such as a graphic card not being powerful enough or not being cool enough to take the strain. Upgrading the driver will make no difference. Have a look at the card and make sure that the cooling is working – i.e. no blocked vents, the card’s fan(s) are working properly, your case is free of dust, the PSU is free of dust etc.

biggles77
    Spectator

Hi Blood, would getting the video card to wear sunglasses make it look cool enough? 8-)

Blood
    biggles77;n518148 wrote:
    Hi Blood, would getting the video card to wear sunglasses make it look cool enough? 8-)

Indeed – all the best cards sport a snazzy pair of Ray Bans, don’t they? :smile:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.