Problem with SSL Certificate in Outlook 2010

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Problem with SSL Certificate in Outlook 2010

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar EarthReactor 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    davids355

I am running a server 2008 with exchange 2007 environment.
    Clients are running outlook 2010 and connecting to exchange locally (well, its actually a terminal server environment).

I have just installed a new SSL certificate, and now I am getting a warning when I open outlook on the clients:

the name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

The primary name on the security certificate is:

mail.publicdomain.com

It is a multi site certificate and also has these alternative names:
    autodiscover.publicdomain.com
    server.domain.local

which are all valid.

However, writing this I have just realised that I cannot resolve mail.publicdomain.com from the client computers, could that be the cause of the issue?

Why would that be the case (I can resolve it from anywhere else) and should I add it into the servers DNS manually?

EarthReactor

Re: Problem with SSL Certificate in Outlook 2010

I have just added records manually for mail.publicdomain.com and autodiscover.publicdomain.com and I can ping both of them now from the clients.

However, this certificate warning is still coming up in outlook, I don’t understand why because everything seems to be correct..??

Any ideas?

Sembee

You need to change the host names in Exchange to match the name on your SSL certificate.

http://semb.ee/hostnames2007

Simon.

EarthReactor

Sembee;283237 wrote:
    You need to change the host names in Exchange to match the name on your SSL certificate.

http://semb.ee/hostnames2007

Simon.

that worked perfectly – I am not sure what was wrong as I just ran the commands to insert the correct values through shell – but I think it was something to do with the internal and external access URLs configured in exchange.

Thanks alot!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.