Problem with SSL Certificate in Outlook 2010

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Problem with SSL Certificate in Outlook 2010

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar EarthReactor 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Avatar
    davids355
    Member
    #163601

    I am running a server 2008 with exchange 2007 environment.
    Clients are running outlook 2010 and connecting to exchange locally (well, its actually a terminal server environment).

    I have just installed a new SSL certificate, and now I am getting a warning when I open outlook on the clients:


    the name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

    The primary name on the security certificate is:

    mail.publicdomain.com

    It is a multi site certificate and also has these alternative names:
    autodiscover.publicdomain.com
    server.domain.local

    which are all valid.

    However, writing this I have just realised that I cannot resolve mail.publicdomain.com from the client computers, could that be the cause of the issue?

    Why would that be the case (I can resolve it from anywhere else) and should I add it into the servers DNS manually?

    Avatar
    EarthReactor
    Member
    #377217

    Re: Problem with SSL Certificate in Outlook 2010

    I have just added records manually for mail.publicdomain.com and autodiscover.publicdomain.com and I can ping both of them now from the clients.

    However, this certificate warning is still coming up in outlook, I don’t understand why because everything seems to be correct..??

    Any ideas?

    Avatar
    Sembee
    Member
    #261333

    Re: Problem with SSL Certificate in Outlook 2010

    You need to change the host names in Exchange to match the name on your SSL certificate.

    http://semb.ee/hostnames2007

    Simon.

    Avatar
    EarthReactor
    Member
    #377218

    Re: Problem with SSL Certificate in Outlook 2010

    Sembee;283237 wrote:
    You need to change the host names in Exchange to match the name on your SSL certificate.

    http://semb.ee/hostnames2007

    Simon.

    that worked perfectly – I am not sure what was wrong as I just ran the commands to insert the correct values through shell – but I think it was something to do with the internal and external access URLs configured in exchange.

    Thanks alot!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.