Printer Cue Wont Delete

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Printer Cue Wont Delete

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar kevinguerreiro 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kevinguerreiro
    Participant

Hey guys, i have a sbs2003 server, and printers installed. What happens is that i have a stuck document in the printing cue. I select delete, it shown a message saying that it deleting, but it doesent disapier. As all know, restarting a mail exchange server isint good, is there any other way that i can make that document dissapear ?

Regards
    Kevin

Ossian

Re: Printer Cue Wont Delete

Restarting the print spooler service normally works

kevinguerreiro
    Participant

Thx Allot ossian, never thought about that, and it worked. Thx allot for your time, 1 more point for you :bowdown:

Regards
    Kevin

Another neat tip browse to the spooler directory under system32 and remove the stale job
    (providing the print spooler service is stopped) from the printers directory.

Ossian

kevinguerreiro;170660 wrote:
    Thx Allot ossian, never thought about that, and it worked. Thx allot for your time, 1 more point for you :bowdown:

Regards
    Kevin

No problem — glad to help!

wullieb1

I’m a bit late to help you with this but i keep a little batch file on the desktop of my print servers with this in them

net stop spooler && net start spooler[/CODE]

which stops and restarts the spooler service for me.[CODE]net stop spooler && net start spooler[/CODE]

which stops and restarts the spooler service for me.

kevinguerreiro
    Participant

Thanks for the tip, very usefull, thx to both of you.

Regards
    Kevin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.