Print server long time to install drivers to clients

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Print server long time to install drivers to clients

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alexandros
    Participant

Hello all,
    I have a domain with both 2003 and 2012r2 domain controllers and a file/print 2012r2 server.
    I will demote the 2003 DCs in a week.
    It takes very long time (>5 minutes) to install new printers to windows 7 clients (hangs on “searching drivers” and “downloading drivers”.
    When i use the command “netstat” on client I can’t find established connection (ipv4) with print server.
    When i use the command “netstat” on client and I access file share, I find established connection (ipv4) with server.
    Have any idea how to fix it?
    Thanks,
    Alex

Blood
    Blood

Do you see the same delay when using Active Directory (Devices and Printers > Add a Printer > Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer) to install the driver as when double-clicking the printer share from the server (\\servername\printer-name)?

Are the DNS entries for the printer correct?

alexandros
    Participant

Blood thanks for your reply.
    Yes I have the same delay.
    After installation, when clients are printing the response time is normal.
    I disable firewall on server and on client, but no luck.
    I disable ipv6 on server, but no luck (I re-enable it).
    Nslookup from client to server has normal results.
    SMB in particuler server is working ok without delay.
    I have installed universal drivers from HP, Ricoh and Lexmark on print server.

Blood
    Blood
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.