Preventing download/move

Home Forums Office Office 2010 / 2013 General Issues Preventing download/move

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by tehcamel tehcamel 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tehcamel

Not really sure if this belongs here, or in a server sub.

I have a collection of Office files that staff need to be able to edit and manage. However, I don’t want them to be able to delete them, save them anywhere else, download them, email them to other people. Many of the team use Office for Mac 2011.

Am I correct in thinking that IRM is the only real way to do this? Apart from strange ideas like putting everything in a locked up terminal server?
    What about sharepoint, or some other DMS, would that be a suitable option? (but probably more work than IRM?)

Ossian

AD RMS will block actions on the open documents but, AFAIK, not stop deletion/move
    SharePoint would be a good solution (need to check if it talks to Fruity Things, though….)

JeremyW
    JeremyW

Never built a solution for what you’re looking for but a combo of ADRMS and Sharepoint might be the way to go… or Azure RMS: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/jj585026.aspx

tehcamel
    tehcamel

I beleive they were advised it might be too difficult, and especially to difficult to do as BAU support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.