Persistent (KB4551762) – Error 0x800f081f

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Persistent (KB4551762) – Error 0x800f081f

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar wordsmithereens 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wordsmithereens
    Participant

Having this issue on 1 machine. .NET 3.5 was installed without issues, but Windows Update always fails to finish the cumulative updates.

HP 8300 Elite USDT 16 GB RAM , i7 3770S quad, 3.1ghz. Works fine other than Update issue

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

RicklesP
    Participant

I got the same error for a few months, starting last Sep/Oct after a Win10 update. No steps taken from any source found had any effect on it, and it only stopped when the next major Win10 update in Jan. The fault is definitely associated with a corrupted install of something associated with .NET, but even the total clearout and reinstall of .NET had absolutely no effect.

There may be some relationship between this failure and any action you may have taken, if any, to suppress or remove anything under Win10 that you didn’t like, by using some instructions found on the web because the current Win10 GUI gave you no way to do whatever you were trying to do (scripts, reg hacks, etc.) I certainly fall into that category, but I was not able to work out what I’d removed/disabled that the update cycle broke for.

Sorry this doesn’t give you any direct answer. And if your installation is completely standard with no ‘unauthorised by MS’ changes made, you must be one of the unlucky ones who has fallen foul of the MS practice of using the general public for the final QA inspection of their software releases.

wordsmithereens
    Participant

That’s always a possibility. Of course I modify the way Windows looks and feels, but for MS to tie that to an update process is ludicrous.

In any case, after wasting dozens of hours trying to find a fix, I pulled the drives and replaced then with a stable Linux installation. :)

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.