OWA loading problem

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 OWA loading problem

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar dakshespatel 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jimmyjiang

hi,
    recentlu I setup a new exchange server 2003 on a new windows 2003 server, all upadated to lastest Sp.
    when I access the OWA ,it keep says “loading”, can anybody tell me what’s wrong?
    thanks!

ahinson

Re: OWA loading problem

I don’t mean to be rude but I believe this question has been asked and answered in the past (by yours truly). Try searching for the answer.

sandeep78610

Do you have proxy setting enabled. Sometimes because of proxy its also showing loading. Remove the proxy settings & check if its working…

Sandeep

subrat_ccna

hi , for OWA loading problem first check proxy setting . Remove ur proxy setting from browser. then check through telnet (ur ipaddress) 25 port then 110 port .check exchange server services working or not.then type http://127.0.0.1/exchange in ur internet explorer. your OWA will sure work .hope u will solve ur problem in this way
    subrat
    india

jimmyjiang

hi,
    thanks for all help! I check the proxy setting of brower(IE6),it is all cleared.
    and I have a DI-624 DLink router, I forwarded Port 25 and Port 110,Port 23 to my server’s IP,is this will open port 25,110,23? cause when I use RUN-> telnet myserver’sIP:25, it just blinked and gone, and I did it at command line,it shows:

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator>telnet 192.168.0.109:25
    Connecting To 192.168.0.109:25…Could not open connection to the host, on port
    23: Connect failed

C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator>

I still not solve th OWA loading problem, please give me more detail instruction, thanks!

danielp
    Participant

Try telnet 192.168.0.109 25 and not telnet 192.168.0.109:25

jimmyjiang

OK, then both port 25, 100 is tested successful, but the loading problem still not solved ,do I have to start some service?

danielp
    Participant

Great. Now how about port 80 and (if using SSL) port 443? Did you forward them? Does OWA open if you try to open it on the server itself? From another LAN computer?

shani

try adding the OWA site to the trusted site in IE.

jimmyjiang

thanks! everyone! the problem is the IE trusting site!

Hi,
    If you using a front-end back-end topology, try resetting the IUSR_computername password, then apply the same password on the default website in IIS. Then restart the iis services.

silverp

I had this problem and it turned out to be that the IUSR_Machinename local account had to be reoved frm the guests group. It also had to be granted “access this computer from the network” rights. Once this was done it worked fine. More details on this can be found in this Microsoft article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909887

m80arm

SilverP,

Your replying to a thread that is nearly 8 months old and I think the solution was already resolved :)

Michael

silverp

I agree that the original users problem was resolved but mine wasn’t. I used this knowledgebase resource to try to fix my problem and it didn’t help. I thought that once I had resolved my problem, by adding my resolution to this thread, it might help others in the future.

biggles77
    Spectator

Silverp, in this case you are quite correct in posting a solution that worked for you. I think you are also correct in saying that it may help somone in the future.

Thank you for the posting as it IS appreciated as is your time taken to do it. :beer: :beer:

What does upset us is when new members tag their “me too” problem on the end of a thread this old. You post is obviously not a “me too” so no harm just help. Again, thanks.

Hope to see you post some more solutions around the place.:grin:

Mike_T

I had this issue and tried everything – with no luck.

The symptoms were the following: A new Exchange FE server would show “loading” but would not populate the mail list. The icons also looked a bit strange. We also noticed that Mozilla-based browsers did not exhibit this problem – only IE 5,6,7. (Mozilla uses basic mode so that was a clue)

The issue turned out to be hotfixes. Even though my servers were at the same SP level, some MS hotfixes added controls to OWA on the existing servers. The new server that I built did not have these. The best way to check this is to look at the subfolders on the exchweb virtual directory.

In my case my new server only had 2 sets of OWA controls – > 6.5.6944.0 & 6.5.7638.1

My older servers had 3 sets: (the two above) & 6.5.7651.25

To fix this, I copied the missing directory (C:program filesExchsrvrexchweb6.5.7651.25) to new Exchange server and restarted IIS using the iisreset /restart command.

Once both servers had the same sets of OWA controls, they played nice together.

I hope this helps someone. (EVEN THOUGH THIS CASE WAS RESOLVED – MODERATOR)

James Haynes

again, i know this is an old post, but the last post is the fix that corrected this issue for me.
    i had run updates on the be and the fe, but then OWA stopped working. my activesync and OMA were still responding correctly, but OWA in premium on iE 6 was stuck on loading…

check the C:program filesExchsrvrexchweb folder, and viola! the folder was short by one… (as compared to the be)

copied the folder over, iisreset /restart and it was good to go.

if anyone has this issue, i hope they find this post first, as it was the most accurate description of the problem and the solution.

thanks Mike_T!!

James

dakshespatel

Tell me your system configuration because i was facing this type of problem due to RAM If you want best result please install 512MB RAM

dakshes patel

biggles77
    Spectator

Enough!! Thank you.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘OWA loading problem’ is closed to new replies.