OWA in SBS2011 not authorized from the internet

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 OWA in SBS2011 not authorized from the internet

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by tehcamel tehcamel 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Svenster

Hi,

I’m setting up a new domain, based on a SBS2011 machine. The problem is that I can’t get OWA to work from outside the company. When I try to reach it, i get the following error in IE9,

You are not authorized to view this page
    The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

These are the things I’ve done and verrified so far,

– At my ISP I configured DNS to forward https://webmail.mydomain.com to the correct public IP of my company

– Configured my firewall to forward port 443 to the IP address of the SBS2011 inside the LAN.

– In Exchange Management Console I configured OWA to use https://webmail.mydomain.com/owa for both internal and external address.

– OWA is working from the SBS itself and from a client computer in the same network and domain.

– In IIS 7 i checked for any restrictions configured on the default website. There are none configured as far as i can see.

Any suggestions on how to fix this are more then welcome!!

Ossian

Re: OWA in SBS2011 not authorized from the internet

Since it is SBS, the recommendation is to UTFW — I believe it prefers remote.domain.com so you could try that

Svenster

Thanks for the reply. What is UTFW?? can you be a bit more specific?

Ossian

The first acronym any SBS admin must learn
    “Use The Friendly Wizard” (or something like that :twisted:)

tehcamel
    tehcamel

It’s an IIS misconfiguration.
    someone has told it not to accept traffic from specific locations, or to only accept from specific locations.
    what firewall are you using ?

mhoogev

As said above use the wizards in the sbs console to reconfigure and u should be ok.
    if you go manual in sbs you run in to trouble if you have not enough experience.
    i can also recommend the sbs course from trainsignal…
    Also open port25, 987 to yr server.
    check with a tool from outside if the correct ports realy are open.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.