OWA 2003 problem

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 OWA 2003 problem

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar giladvk 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    frafi

I configured an exchange 2003 OWA user with Outlook 2003 when he brings his laptop to the office. When I did that I guess I made some sort of mistake because now when connected using OWA he has no old mail but does have his contacts and when connected using Outlook 2003 he has old mail but no contacts. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Re: OWA 2003 problem

How did you configure it?

Check his Outlook to see where the mail is. Is it in a folder on his mailbox or has it moved to the local machine?

giladvk

When I first configured Outlook it gave me a notice saying that the mailbox would be on the local machine but to go to Tools Email accounts and configure it to the mail box name. This isnwhat I did
    tehcamel
    tehcamel

it sounds like you have set the default delivery location to be a local PST file.

you’ll need to copy all the mail from the local mailbox back up onto the server (or recover the mailbox from backups. which you have, right?)

giladvk

I do have backups but how do I copy the mail folder back to the server?

giladvk

Outlook 2003 is now configured properly on the users PC but OWA doesn’t show old mail. He can see his contacts with Web Access but when composing new mail and choosing “to” contacts don’t appear. How can I get OWA to show the old mail and contacts?

giladvk

Thanks for the input. All is fixed now by resetting the outlook folders

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.