outlook pst file changed to msdos application

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook outlook pst file changed to msdos application

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar adriaanminnie 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    babu farooq

recently i have format my laptop with windows 7 ,i took backup outlook files and and when i try to add that data those files are showing as msdos format so i cannot able to see my old emails ..please help.

Ossian

Reinstall Outlook – it should set up the file associations properly

If the problem is within the files, which version of Outlook are you using – ScanPST used to be provided to repair the files, but IIRC that was a couple of versions ago.

i am using ms outlook 2010 but the back up copy is in my flash drive its not in pst format its showing ms dos application …

Ossian

Does it still have a PST extension? If so, the file associations have gone wrong somewhere. If it has a different extension, what is it?
    How did you do the backup?

i just copy the pst file from location to my flash . but i found the answer by going to folder options —-view

unchecking the tick mark in hide known file types and —and after i rename [email protected] then i try to attach file its working fine now…anyways thanks admin for your wonderful support ..you are very supportive.thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘outlook pst file changed to msdos application’ is closed to new replies.