Outlook on Android

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook Outlook on Android

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Kyuuketsuki 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

Hi,

I have a new Android tablet and installed Microsoft Outlook on it. With the exception of my own outlook.com email account, I am unable to configure my various email addresses. The other addresses I have, are off my own domains hosted by GoDaddy.

This isn’t a one-off event … my mobile phone (also Android) has the same issue and I have noticed it getting more challenging to configure email addresses on my PC. I recall (on earlier Android and PC editions) that Outlook was more flexible, more configurable and, when I open the configuration page for any of my accounts on Outlook for my PC, I get a very basic IMAP configuration dialogue whereas, not too long ago, I would get a fairly detailed one but I CAN still access that by going to mail configuration in Control Panel.

The Android Outlook client seems to be built around the assumption that you have a standard email address (such as outlook.com, gmail.com or similar) and, whilst there are some advanced settings once connections fail, it doesn’t work generating some kind of security error that I suspect is bogus. I can’t find anything equivalent to the functionality I can get on Windows (via CP), nothing as advanced as, say, the Android Google Mail client settings (much more flexible), a client which works fine with all my email accounts. Yes, I could just use that instead but I like MS Outlook, the way it works, so I guess this is a last-ditch effort to try and get it working for me.

Any ideas?

James

wullieb1

I don’t use Outlook for Android but have you looked for IMAP configuration on the handset?

https://support.rebel.com/hc/en-us/articles/228493807-How-do-I-set-up-IMAP-POP-email-on-an-Android-device-

Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

Hi,

Yeah, the problem with that (as far as I can tell) is that I can’t do that on a per device basis, it’s handled by the client which brings me back to my problem, Google mail client can handle it, Outlook no longer can.

EDIT: No way I can explain this but I seem to be able to access the advanced settings now … it’s still not connecting but I appear to have something to work with.

James

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar Kyuuketsuki.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.