Outlook Certificate warning when changing to Purchased SSL Certificate

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2016 Outlook Certificate warning when changing to Purchased SSL Certificate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Ossian 5 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Calais2508
    Participant

Hi, Recently I have setup Exchange Server 2016 in our environment. The original setup was exchange 2007 on SBS Server and then I added another server with Exchange 2013 and setup coexistence with Exchange 2013 until I removed the Exchange 2007 box and then proceeded to upgrade to Exchange 2016. I have also removed the exchange 2013 box so only one exchange server.

I originally was using the self signed certificate but a month ago purchased a GoDaddy SSL certificate.

I removed the old certificate and then updated with the new SSL cert.

Now when User open Outlook they are getting certificate warnings.

1st warning is (mail.domain.com) – The name of the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

2nd Warning is (autodiscover.domain.com) – The name of the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

Would this be an issue with the Exchange virtual directories or should I be looking elsewhere.

Thanks

Ossian

What names are on the certificate?
    Do they match the public DNS names?

Are the users inside or outside the corporate LAN?
    If inside, have you set up split DNS so the external names also resolve internally?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.