outlook 2016 not connecting to exchange 2010

Home Forums Office Office 2010 / 2013 General Issues outlook 2016 not connecting to exchange 2010

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Ossian 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roman_k

Hi
    Could not find any outlook 2016 groups so posting it here.
    We have Exchange 2010 and I am trying to introduce first office 2016 and having an issue connecting outlook 2016 to Exchange.

If I open outlook for first time and it gets user accounts details I get “Outlook stopped working”
    If I open it again I get “Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network ….”
    If I try to set up new mail profile via Settings > Mail – I get ” Windows Shell Common DLL has stopped working”
    And if I try to add additional mail account under mail profile I get ” An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available”
    Then I get an option “to connect to an Exchange ActiveSync service” but that fails with error “Log onto Echange ActiveSync mail server(EAS): could not locate the specified server. User name and/or password are not valid. Please verify the information is correct”
    OWA and outlook 2010 for the mailbox I am using for testing works fine. Autodiscovery works fine. Client pc is finding the mail server so DNS and all that is checked and fine.

I found a few people on the internet with this issue but nobody managed to resolve it.

Thanks

Ossian

This is the right place – we just haven’t got round to renaming the forum

I had no difficulty with upgrading 2013 to 2016 and connection to Exchange 2010 working, but didn’t try a fresh profile – have you tried a repair install of 2016?

(Have now gone back to 2013 as I found additional mailboxes ceased working on 2016)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.