Outlook 2010 with html signature crashing when attaching a file

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook Outlook 2010 with html signature crashing when attaching a file

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Win1980 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ybm3884

i have problems with some of my clients
    in the last month most some of my clients which are working with windows 7 and outlook 2010 which have an html signature
    when attaching any file the outlook just crash
    when i am removing the signature everything works well
    everything worked fine till the month of august
    any help will be greatly appriciated

Thanks !

Ossian

Check which patches have been installed recently (probably for Word as well as Outlook), uninstall and see if the problem is resolved

ybm3884

will do and will update here when done , thanks !

ybm3884

all updateds that where installed on august where removed still crashing …

ybm3884

all computers have SSD and Outlook 2010 , apperently removing the html signature will not help in resolving the problem and the problem keeps on going

Ossian

SSDs should not be relevant. Can you
    a) check the application logs for any error messages associated with outlook
    b) Try using RTF or plain text format emails (with attachments) to see if the problem recurs
    c) Create a new profile (so no legacy material) and test attachments to HTML emails before and after adding a signature

Can you also clarify if removing the signature resolves the problem (as per original post) or if it doesn’t (as per post #5

Win1980

Try running outlook in safe mode to identify if the issue is with an add-in. (Start, Run, outlook /safe).

ybm3884

thanks for the answers ,

we did created a new profile it did not helped
    we try runing it under safe mode and it still crashed
    unfortuntly removing the html signature did not helpd
    it looks like it’s spreading across my network and get more and mroe users to have this issue
    i removed any office related updates from august and afterwards just removed any other updates that where released in august
    still having this issue
    i am trying to remove the antivirus from the exchange but i have no other ideas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.