I purchased Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 and am getting to install and would like your advise before I install in regards to Outlook, using Windows 10. Currently I have Office 2007; however never setup Outlook but I do have my .pst file from Outlook 2003 and want to use it with Office 2013.
I believe the first step is to uninstall Office 2007. Then copy my .pst file from office 2003 to my documents in 2013. I keep my .pst file in a separate area.
Install Office 2013 and I am assuming I skip the part about install Outlook, but not sure. Once the install is complete open outlook and setup my email account. What I am not sure about is how do I connect the .pst file to Outlook since I keep the .pst in a different area?
Below is what I used when I went from 2003 to 2007 but I suspect things are different with 2013?
– Open outlook 2007 and setup my email
– Go to Tools>Options>Mail Setup.Data Files>Add
– Add the PST as my new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog
– Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts
– Select the PST I added in the “Deliver New e-mail to the following location” dropdown (it will most likely appear just below the current default Personal Folders file) > Finish