Ouklook 2003 Contacts

Home Forums Office Office XP / 2003 General Issues Ouklook 2003 Contacts

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar jigvaja 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sheila
    Participant

I formatted my computer and reinstalled outlook 2003. I took my pst file and put it in my documents. Outlook is sending and receiving; however my contacts are not showing up. If I click on the address book on the task bar thre is none there; however if I click on contacts on the side bar they are there. How do I put those contact in the address book? Thank you

jigvaja

Re: Ouklook 2003 Contacts

Hi…what platforms do you have? win xp or win 7?

Anonymous

Windows XP

jigvaja

Did you tried to import the back up pst file to your new outlook?

Ossian

Yes, she must have imported — Outlook is running
    Try going to properties of contacts folder (right click – properties) and find the option to show as address book, make sure it is selected

Anonymous

What I did with the .pst is copy it from my external hard drive and placed it in my documents. I guess I could have overridden the existing pst since this is a fresh install. Started outlook, file/openData Management and selected the pst. Then tools/email account and set up my email account. Closed and opened Outlook and had two personal folders so I closed the one that was not pulling in my data. When I try and look at properties of the address book it says the properties dialog box could not be displayed. To display the properties dialog, you must select exactly one item. There is nothing for me to select.

JeremyW
    JeremyW

sheila;253963 wrote:
    When I try and look at properties of the address book it says the properties dialog box could not be displayed. To display the properties dialog, you must select exactly one item. There is nothing for me to select.

Not the properties of the address book, the properties of the contacts folder.
    [ATTACH]5223[/ATTACH]

Anonymous

Jeremy, where do I find this contact folder?

Ossian

In your outlook pst file — should be a folder called CONTACTS

JeremyW
    JeremyW

Click on Contacts, then right-click the contacts folder in the left-hand pane.
    [ATTACH]5224[/ATTACH]

Anonymous

Thank you for your help. It works now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.