Open index.php locally

Home Forums Other Misc Open index.php locally

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar universal 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Blood

Hi

I have a backup of an old website which is no longer live. The backup was saved as a zip file.

I have restored the website files to a share on a server which restores cgi-bin and public_html folders. The public_html folder contains the bulk of the data and also contains a file named index.php.

There is no index.html, just the index.php file. My problem is that when I open this file using a browser, the contents of the file are displayed.

Anyone know how I can view the website, please?

Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n505606[/ATTACH]

universal

You’ll need a web server that can run PHP code.

PHP is a server-side scripting language, The idea is that clients are served the results generated by the script in index.php, not the actual contents of the file.

Blood
    Blood

Thanks. I slowly came to realise this after doing more searching. I spent a few minutes trying to get IIS on my Win7 Pro machine to load it but had no joy, which is unsurprising as I know very little about this. Can IIS help me access this data? If so, I’ll do some more searching and try to find out how to do it.

wullieb1
    Blood
    Blood

Thanks very much. I’m embroiled with something else at present but will certainly give this a go before the end of next week. Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.