One way replication occuring between domain controllers

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory One way replication occuring between domain controllers

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Anonymous 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dessler

I have installed a new domain with two domain controllers on Windows Server 2008. When an object is created on the first domain controller it is unable to replicate to the second domain controller, but the second domain controller is able to successfully replicate any changes. Attached are the various messages I received after running “dcdiag /test:replications” and “dcdiag /fix.”

Silver23

Re: One way replication occuring between domain controllers

Wild guess here, but how is your dns set up ?

Can both machines resolve each other ? If they can, is there anything other than a network switch connected between these servers ?

in addition how are your FSMO-roles divided ?

Anonymous

The two domaìn controllers are set up as virtual machines in Vmware. The first domain controller is set up as the preferred dns server and the second domain controller is set up as the alternate dns server.
    Both dc’s are able to resolve. All FSMO roles are on the first domain controllers

Dumber
    Participant

Any time/zone/date differences… ?

v-2nas

Hi,

Can you check if the KCC connection objects are created b.w domain controller. Use dssite.msc to check the links.

Anonymous

They are all in the same time zone. i checked and the kcc objects were created in ad sites and services. initially i was running “repadmin /syncall” and even though it wasnt giving me any errors replication was working only one way. i manually forced replication in ad sites and services and now replication works well. all dc’s now pass “dcdiag /test:replications”.

v-2nas

Great !!!! Just check if replication schedule is set to default. Otherwise now your env shudn’t have any issues.

Anonymous

The schedule is
    set to default and its working all right

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.