One database has a different default backup folder than everything else

Home Forums Other Microsoft Servers and SaaS SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2016 One database has a different default backup folder than everything else

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Ossian 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mesheree

Hi all,
    Sorry if this is mis-categorized, but I didn’t see a SQL Server 2014 forum.

When I do Tasks -> Back Up on one of my SQL Server 2014 hosts, the default backup path is usually auto populated as it should be:
    E:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL12.PRODUCTIONMSSQLBackupdb_backup_file_name.BAK

But for one single database, the path that shows up instead is:
    \hostnamebackupdbnamedb_backup_file_name.BAK

This is a co-managed server, and I’m not sure what its owner’s done to it, but every time he does a manual backup of that database, he forgets to change the folder at least once and generates a ticket and false-positive monitoring event.

I’ve Googled and searched the registry for that path. Does anyone know where that setting is and/or how to change it back?

Thanks!
    Sheree

Ossian

We really need to update the forum title, but there is not a lot of SQL traffic, so you did post in the correct place

Will this help?
    https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1583/changing-the-default-sql-server-backup-folder/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.