new password policy…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar shmengie 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shmengie

okay, this is a weird one.

this sunday, i am putting new password policy in place (2 days max), and will be manually unchecking a select group of users’ “password never expires” box. this will force those users to change their password on tuesday. after everyone has changed their password, i will change the policy to 90 days, permanently. BUT…

what if some people are out of the office? if i change the policy to 90 days on wednesday, those people who were out of the office will not be forced to immediately change their password. but, if i leave it at 2 days for a while, some people will get REALLY annoyed at having to change their password every two days.

i am at a loss on how to make this happen. any ideas?

thx!

btw, this a w2k3 environment, if that helps/makes a difference. (although, the gc is 2008).

Ossian

Re: new password policy…

If you want to force a password change, why not use the “must change password at next logon” option — at least thats what I think you are trying to do?

shmengie

see, i knew it’d be something stupid and obvious. i got into a mindset, and stayed there.

dumb question: does that box untick itself after the user changes his password?

thx, ossian, for all your help!

Ossian

Yes, it definitely unticks!

shmengie

see, that’s why i come here.

again, thx for unblinding and educating me!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.