Need help adding a progess bar to code

Home Forums Scripting Windows Script Host Need help adding a progess bar to code

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar olaolaniyi 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    vane0326

Hi everyone,

Just to let everyone know that my original account “Shazam” is somehow not working. I’m not able to logon. I sent a private message to the Administrator regarding this issue. In the meanwhile I created another account so I can post a question here. Hopefully I’m not offending anyone.
    Back to my question…

I have this VBScript below. It will copy a folder from the source location and paste it to any USB flash drives that is connect to your computer simultaneously. This actually works pretty well. The only thing it doesn’t have is a progress bar. Is it possible to add to the code?

I’ve found these 2 links below. That shows how to add a progress bar but I wasn’t able to get it to work with the existing code.

I would like to use the” Windows Shell object” if possible.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/…/ee176633.aspx

http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscript…ing-files.aspx

Code:
    sFolderToCopy = “C:Test”

Set oFS = CreateObject(“Scripting.FileSystemObject”)
    Set dUSBKeys = ScanForUSBKeys()

For Each oUSBKey in dUSBKeys.Keys
    If Left(oUSBKey, 1) = “” Then
    sKey = oUSBKey
    Else
    sKey = oUSBKey & “”
    End If

oFS.CopyFolder sFolderToCopy, sKey

Next

Set dUSBKeys = Nothing
    Set oFS = Nothing

Msgbox “Done.”

Function ScanForUSBKeys()
    Set oWMI = GetObject(“winmgmts:\.rootcimv2”)
    Set dTemp = CreateObject(“Scripting.Dictionary”)

Set cDisks = oWMI.ExecQuery(“Select InterfaceType,MediaType,PNPDeviceID,DeviceID,Size from Win32_DiskDrive”)
    For Each oDisk in cDisks
    If InStr(LCase(oDisk.InterfaceType),”usb”) > 0 AND InStr(LCase(oDisk.MediaType),”removable”) > 0 _
    AND InStr(LCase(oDisk.PNPDeviceID),”blackberry”) = 0 AND InStr(LCase(oDisk.PNPDeviceID),”ipod”) = 0 _
    AND NOT oDisk.PNPDeviceID = “” Then
    Set cDrivePartitions = oWMI.ExecQuery(“ASSOCIATORS OF {Win32_DiskDrive.DeviceID='” & _
    oDisk.DeviceID & “‘} WHERE AssocClass = Win32_DiskDriveToDiskPartition” )
    For Each oDrivePartition in cDrivePartitions
    Set cDriveLetters = oWMI.ExecQuery(“ASSOCIATORS OF {Win32_DiskPartition.DeviceID='” & _
    oDrivePartition.DeviceID & “‘} WHERE AssocClass = Win32_LogicalDiskToPartition”)
    For Each oDriveLetter in cDriveLetters
    dTemp.Add oDriveLetter.DeviceID, 1
    Next
    Set cDriveLetters = Nothing
    Next
    Set cDrivePartitions = Nothing
    End If
    Next
    Set cDisks = Nothing
    Set ScanForUSBKeys = dTemp
    Set dTemp = Nothing
    Set oWMI = Nothing
    End Function

biggles77
    Spectator

Have you tried using the Forgot Password or Username option when you logon as Shazam? The account is still live and has not been banned. You just need to remember the email account you used when you first registered your account as the new password will be sent there.

Did you Google Add Copy Progress Bar ?

olaolaniyi

Hi biggles77,

When I entered my credentials it logs in BUT it goes into an endless connecting loop. I could not scroll down the page, or post, or contact an administrator. I tried logging from home, my iPhone and work. I tried using various internet browsers IE, Firefox, Chrome & Safari. I had no other way but creating a new account. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,

biggles77
    Spectator

Did you try clearing the cache on one of the browsers and trying again. Your Profile shows there was account activity at 0152 (or close) my time, GMT+10 If the cache clear doesn’t work can you get a screen capture or photo and post it here. Ta.

olaolaniyi
    biggles77;n489705 wrote:
    Did you Google Add Copy Progress Bar ?

Yes, but I would like to use the “Copy Dialog Box” from the links I posted. I tried using the code in the existing code, but it doesn’t work.

Rems
    Rems

Hi Shazam

You can try this script,

Code:
    Const FOF_CREATEPROGRESSDLG = &H510&

Dim objShell, sFolderToCopy
    Set objShell = CreateObject(“Shell.Application”)

sFolderToCopy = “C:Test”

Set dUSBKeys = ScanForUSBKeys()
    For Each oUSBKey in dUSBKeys.Keys
    sKey = oUSBKey
    If not Right(oUSBKey, 1) = “” Then sKey = oUSBKey & “”

CopyTo sKey

Next

Sub CopyTo(Destination)
    Set oDestFldr = objShell.NameSpace(Destination)
    oDestFldr.CopyHere sFolderToCopy, FOF_CREATEPROGRESSDLG
    End Sub

Function ScanForUSBKeys()
    Set oWMI = GetObject(“winmgmts:\.rootcimv2”)
    Set dTemp = CreateObject(“Scripting.Dictionary”)

Set cDisks = oWMI.ExecQuery(“Select InterfaceType,MediaType,PNPDeviceID,DeviceID,Size from Win32_DiskDrive”)
    For Each oDisk in cDisks
    If InStr(LCase(oDisk.InterfaceType),”usb”) > 0 AND InStr(LCase(oDisk.MediaType),”removable”) > 0 _
    AND InStr(LCase(oDisk.PNPDeviceID),”blackberry”) = 0 AND InStr(LCase(oDisk.PNPDeviceID),”ipod”) = 0 _
    AND NOT oDisk.PNPDeviceID = “” Then
    Set cDrivePartitions = oWMI.ExecQuery(“ASSOCIATORS OF {Win32_DiskDrive.DeviceID='” & _
    oDisk.DeviceID & “‘} WHERE AssocClass = Win32_DiskDriveToDiskPartition” )
    For Each oDrivePartition in cDrivePartitions
    Set cDriveLetters = oWMI.ExecQuery(“ASSOCIATORS OF {Win32_DiskPartition.DeviceID='” & _
    oDrivePartition.DeviceID & “‘} WHERE AssocClass = Win32_LogicalDiskToPartition”)
    For Each oDriveLetter in cDriveLetters
    dTemp.Add oDriveLetter.DeviceID, 1
    Next
    Set cDriveLetters = Nothing
    Next
    Set cDrivePartitions = Nothing
    End If
    Next
    Set cDisks = Nothing
    Set ScanForUSBKeys = dTemp
    Set dTemp = Nothing
    Set oWMI = Nothing
    End Function

olaolaniyi

Thank you so much Rems. Perfect as always.

Hopefully when the Administrators fix my original username…they can replace vane0326 with Shazam on this thread.

olaolaniyi

Hi Rems,

Is it possible the VBScript can copy and paste the files to the USB drives simultaneously? Right now it’s pasting the files to USB drives one at a time.

Please look at the jpeg attachment. It shows what I’m looking for.

biggles77
    Spectator

vane0326/Shazam, could you please post a screen dump of what is happening when you try to logon with your Shazam user account. Thanks.

olaolaniyi
    biggles77;n489826 wrote:
    vane0326/Shazam, could you please post a screen dump of what is happening when you try to logon with your Shazam user account. Thanks.

Hi biggles77,

I created a little video and posted on my OneDrive account. Here’s the link where you can see the video.

I do apologize that the video not as focus. You’ll notice in the video it doesn’t allow me to scroll down.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=871e86f9baef5732!22607&authkey=!AHzLv3YWNQ-AElA&ithint=video%2cmov

biggles77
    Spectator

Thanks for that. Your Shazam Profile shows you did logon at 2303 on 14th May. It is a weird one. :?::?::?::?::?:

olaolaniyi

Hi Rems,

Is it possible to have multiple copy process at the same time when I run your code? I found a link where the op was asking the same thing.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/Visual_Basic/VB_Script/Q_28166082.html

The VBScript will be running on a Window 7 64-bit that has a SSD drive, 18GB of memory and a I7 Quad Core.

I don’t know if RAMDISK to place the folder in memory would help to speed up the multiple copy process.

olaolaniyi

I’ve been thinking on this for some time to see how to speed up the multiple copy process. Here’s one way…

If any USB flash drive is connected to the computer, have the VBScript open up all USB flash drives using Windows Explorer and then, have the code copy the folder to all active Windows Explorers.

Is that possible to make that in a VBScript?

I found this code that will open multiple Windows Explorers.

Code:
    set shellApp = createobject(“shell.application”)
    set shell = createobject(“wscript.shell”)
    shellApp.MinimizeAll
    shell.run “explorer.exe c:/”
    shell.run “explorer.exe c:/winnt”
    wscript.sleep 3000 ‘< == adjust as needed
    shellApp.TileVertically
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.