Name of the AD and name of the WEB site the same

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Name of the AD and name of the WEB site the same

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tlcrouch 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • odel

hello everyone this is the first time I post, I first thank everyone,
    I have reserved my domain of web site at an external hbérgeur, now my user can not connect to the web site since local network, know that my control of the domain AD is the same as the web site, what its the solution to do a DNS redirection, thanks

biggles77
    Spectator

So if I understand this correctly, your internal domain name is the same as your external domain name? Also, what is a hbérgeur ?

tlcrouch

yes my domain name is the same as my website which is hosted at a private Hebrgeuer before my site was exemple1.dz, it works very well from the local network, for a week I reseved the name web site the same as my domain example.dz the website and domain example.dz, now the local users can not connect to the external site, but I can connect from my home to the example.dz, I think I have a resolution problem the DNS name, thanks.

biggles77
    Spectator

Not a good idea having the same internal and external FQDN. Makes resolving messy. Have a read of the following, especially the comments/posts below.
    https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1980896-issue-with-split-brain-dns-and-ad-integrated-dns-zone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.