MVSL(Volume Licensing) related question

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 MVSL(Volume Licensing) related question

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Scott42 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • MaverickIT

I have existing 3 yrs agreement for MVSL with microsoft ppl . I am being asked to make the annual paymnt since the one year is completed . My question is , what the impact if I dont make the annual payment of subscription since the agreement is already valid for 3 years.Also, what if I go for new agreement since we planned to downgrade the licenses .

biggles77
    Spectator

I have an agreement with a car leasing company to lease a car for 3 years. I make repayments for 1 year but I want to get an older version of the car that I am presently driving. What do you think might happen to me if I stop making payments even though it is a three year lease agreement?

Is this similar to your situation or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to convey to us?

Ossian

From (bitter) experience, the only authoritative answers to MS Licensing questions are
    a) direct from Micro$oft
    b) in writing (so they can’t go back on it
    c) you choose the most cost effective of the three radically different answers you get from the two sales-droids you talk to….

Seriously, I agree with Chris – you cannot drop out of an agreement, although you may be able to renegotiate it mid term (a bit like trading in your car before the finance is up and taking a new one)

Scott42
    biggles77;n516856 wrote:
    I have an agreement with a car leasing company to lease a car for 3 years. I make repayments for 1 year but I want to get an older version of the car that I am presently driving. What do you think might happen to me if I stop making payments even though it is a three year lease agreement?

Is this similar to your situation or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to convey to us?

I liked ur way of explaining things in sarcastic way :). However sir , I can ask car to reduce the nmbr of seats where as here I am talking abt downgrading the licenses (CAL).thnx

Scott42
    Ossian;n516859 wrote:
    From (bitter) experience, the only authoritative answers to MS Licensing questions are
    a) direct from Micro$oft
    b) in writing (so they can’t go back on it
    c) you choose the most cost effective of the three radically different answers you get from the two sales-droids you talk to….

Seriously, I agree with Chris – you cannot drop out of an agreement, although you may be able to renegotiate it mid term (a bit like trading in your car before the finance is up and taking a new one)

Perfect Response sir . Thnx :)

biggles77
    Spectator
    MaverickIT;n516861 wrote:
    I liked ur way of explaining things in sarcastic way :). However sir , I can ask car to reduce the nmbr of seats where as here I am talking abt downgrading the licenses (CAL).thnx

Believe it or not, I actually wasn’t trying to be sarcastic (see some of my other posts for confirmation of that). I was trying to put it in a way that made sure that I understood what was being asked coz I really wasn’t sure and if I did understand your post then I provided an analogy that might provide you with an answer to your question. As has been mentioned many times in these forums, Microsoft is the only one you can ask about licensing and you must get it in writing as Ossian says because if you ask 3 different people at Microsoft about licensing, you will get three different answers.

Ossian

Only 3 different answers – I would have thought 3 people could come up with a least five!

biggles77
    Spectator
    Ossian;n516878 wrote:
    Only 3 different answers – I would have thought 3 people could come up with a least five!

I was trying not to be sarcastic.:razz:

Ossian

So was I :twisted:

Scott42
    biggles77;n516865 wrote:
    Believe it or not, I actually wasn’t trying to be sarcastic (see some of my other posts for confirmation of that). I was trying to put it in a way that made sure that I understood what was being asked coz I really wasn’t sure and if I did understand your post then I provided an analogy that might provide you with an answer to your question. As has been mentioned many times in these forums, Microsoft is the only one you can ask about licensing and you must get it in writing as Ossian says because if you ask 3 different people at Microsoft about licensing, you will get three different answers.

My apology sir , I didn’t mean it . I was trying to tell tht word “sarcasm” iin humorous way ..!! Thanks a lot . Your response truly make lot of sense . everyone will give different answer abt MVSL .

biggles77
    Spectator

Hey man, don’t stress on it. English is a shit language to understand and even I have trouble with it most of the time and I have been speaking it for 59+ years. The important thing is, did you get and answer to help with your question? In the end, that is all that matters, plus copious bitcoin “donations” to Ossian and my retirement fund. :cool:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.