Motivation after an exam failure

Home Forums Certification MS Certification Track Motivation after an exam failure

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  [email protected] 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • toddy08

Hi guys,

I;ve just failed one of my Microsoft certs and am struggling to get motivated to start studying again and put in some hard graft. I was wondering how do you guys get over an exam failure and motivate yourselves to start revising for a re-take?

Thanks,

Andrew

JeremyW

When I’ve failed exams I would get myself a treat and take a day or two before getting back into things. Then I would drill down on the problem areas pointed out from the report.

Ossian

Similar – its “just” an exam – not earth shattering….
    I would also, as soon as possible after the exam, jot down a list of questions (not that the next one may be the same!)

Smgr

Thanks guys :)

When I came out of the exam I jotted a few things down that I thought I struggled on, as well as looking at the exam report they give you – It seems like one of the objectives in particular. Luckily I’ve managed to rebook it with a free second shot so at least I’ll not have to fork out another £99 for the next one.

uk_network

I’d take a break for a while and drink a lot of beer.

biggles77
    Spectator

Firstly, you DIDN’T fail; you just didn’t pass. The only way you can fail is to not do it in the first place. Look at the areas you were weak in and do some practice and study. The good thing is you should look for Second Shot so it doesn’t cost you anything. FREE is always good.

wullieb1

We’ve all done it at some point, anyone else remember 70-216 from the 200 series of exams? I failed that twice in succession.

Take a few days off and t​hen move on and smash it next time.

Smgr

Thanks everyone! I’ve just rebooked it with second shot so going to sit down tonight and analyse all of the exam objectives and the points they print out for you after the exam. It’s the first one I’ve failed so it put me in a bit of a downer…

biggles77
    Spectator

Correction, it is the first one you haven’t PASSED! Please be sure to let us know how you get on. As a matter of interest, what was the Cert number that you didn’t pass?

Smgr

It was the 70-688 exam – Got a score of 593 so need to read back through the book I got!

Smgr

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I passed the exam on the second shot! Thanks for all your advice and support :)

Ossian

Congratulations :beer:
    What’s next?

biggles77
    Spectator

WELL DONE toddy!!! :beer: :beer: Thanks also for posting back and letting us know. How did you find the exam second time round?

JeremyW

Congrats! :beer:

wullieb1

See nice and easy when you know what to expect, and free :)

Well done.

WheelinIT

That’s Cool.. When I feel down, I will recall 3 Magical Words, It is Improvise Adapt and Overcome :)

Ossian

Alternatively: Spam… Ban… Bye…. :evil:

biggles77
    Spectator
    Quote:
    Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Damn, I am sure Clint Eastwood said that in some movie where he played a US marine. Plagiarism…….DISGUSTING!! :razz:

[Edit] It took a few weeks but the movie was Heartbreak Ridge. Yeah me for remembering. :mrgreen:

Your question is about motivating yourself to study. I’m assuming you want to pass the course with a good grade.
    Unless you are already an expert in the field, you will need to acquire knowledge, and studying is the most reasonable option. The natural consequence of studying is that you acquire and retain the knowledge.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.