I’m trying to get alerting for exchange 2003 going with MOM 2005. There’s a bit of basic config info around but not much about this. Yes I have read the MS doco. I have a few prolems unfortunately. Happy to take answers to one and split them out if people want. In priority order:
1. I don’t have any alert rules under my exchange 2003 subsection in the exchange management pack. Do u have to set these manually and if so how?
2. Its a cluster with 2 exchange virtual servers – when I try and re-run the MP config wizard and add test mailboxes to evs1 and evs2 it tells me I can’t because it can’t contact the service controller on those machines. As far as i know the only thing that’s changed would be the usual patches.
Its a bit urgent – much TIA all.
Re: MOM 2005 Exchange MP Alerting
To test I’ve:
– created a computer group with my test exchange box in it
– created a rule group
– created a new alert rule in that group
In that rule under criteria I’ve set it to match alerts in the exchange 2003
– created a new notification group with my username and email
Then I dismount the store on the test server. In the operator console it only shows as an information event. I would expect it to be an alert and notify me.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.