Migrating from in house to hosted exchange

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Migrating from in house to hosted exchange

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Anonymous 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Moisesz

Hello, we are trying to migrate our services from in house exchange server to hosted, what are the steps we need to make, is there a way for us to change the settings on all users so they deploy via gpo, do i need to stop the exchange server, how is it done?

Thanks in advance,

Ossian

Re: Migrating from in house to hosted exchange

I have to say I’m not too up on this, but surely your hosting company will have instructions telling you exactly what to do?

ikon

It depends on the tools you mya get from the hosting company.

Generally you configure outlook with a .PRF file from the Host, this sets up Outlook with RPC over HTTPS, so your clients can communicate with the new exchange server.

for the time being you can have 2 profiles, one for local exchange other for the new Hosted exchange, untill you are ready to remove exchange entirely from your network.

you can create a .PST of each users inbox using ex-merge or manually.

then import the .pst into the hosted excange profile of each user, depending on the size of the mailbox it cant take a while to synch.

You are best to ask the exchange host what tools are avaliable to migrate.

Hope this helps.

teiger

Is this SBS2003/8? If yes, then the first step is to make an appointment with a pshychiatrist.
    Next step is to get your head examined as no-one in their right mind would switch SBS Exchange to hosted Exchange, unless they were under 5 users :)

Anonymous

Exchange Migation Wizzard
    usefull when migrating with pst files

Look at article at msexchange
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-Migration-Wizard.html

Anonymous

I have changed, because we are a 10 mailbox company, its a big pain being IT And CFO.

My real problem is how do i stop the exchange server so it doesnt recieve or send mail, is there a way to configure the exchange accounts for outlook via gpo so if my users log into any computer they have ther account configured as it does with an inhouse server.

teiger

Moisesz;183593 wrote:
    I have changed, because we are a 10 mailbox company, its a big pain being IT And CFO.

Concentrate on being the CFO, and get a SBSC to run your IT! You will get more out of your system (in both meanings!) than with hosted Exchange. In your terms – better ROI! (All IMnotsoHO, of course)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.