​Microsoft Exchange error message when deleting mail

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 ​Microsoft Exchange error message when deleting mail

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar jmk1713 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I tried deleting an email from my Inbox (under my ME MAPI account), and I got the following message:

“The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.”

My Internet connection wasn’t down, but it was lagged from some network activity at the time.

Ossian

So retry when Exchange is showing as connected (not the same as not having an internet connection)
    What client (outlook?) are you using?

jmk1713

– Stop the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Stop-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.
    – Browse to where the database files are located on the disk. Along with the database file, you will see a folder with “CatalogData-random string” as its name. Delete this folder, which stores the corrupt index.
    – Restart the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Start-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.
    – Give it a minute and a new folder will be created and a new index will be built.
    If you are still experiencing the issue read comments here [MOD EDIT Irrelevant commercial link deleted]

Ossian

Given the OP is posting in the Exchange 2000/2003 forum, powershell is unlikely to be the solution. Nor is doing anything on the server side at this stage.

jmk1713
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By