Mandatory New Passwords

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Mandatory New Passwords

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • GordonSweet

I need to change most of my passwords after installing Windows 10. I have a problem with Fasthosts. Each time I change the password I receive an email confirming the password has been reset, but when I try to log in it complains it is invalid, and all I get is a silly collection of barely visible tiny photos to identify. Any suggestions please I am reluctant to spend money phoning 0333 0142 700 not knowing where are they located? I even had an email saying the Contact details were unlocked though no explanation why they were locked in the first place!

I might Add I had no problem logging into this forum and submitting a new password. Amazon was easy as the sent me a simple short new Password by email.

Another problem others might find. The Emailer supplied with Win 10 accepts the email address for Hotmail and Gmail but not Yahoo without losing existing emails. I had to revert to using their Web site.

Blood
    Blood

Are there complexity requirements that are not being met for the password – but, I would have expected the password to be checked before confirmation has been sent. Are you copying and pasting the password into the password field (to eliminate typo’s)?

Email app with Windows 10… splutter… Used it for about 30mins. Never again :)

GordonSweet

Thanks I used copy paste and typing in each letter. Both ere accepted according their emails but neither allow me to log in. Thankfully I seldom need to contact them for anything and I can just stop the yearly subs if necessary

Blood
    Blood

Have you tried using different browsers?

GordonSweet

Yes I tried Firefox and Chrome as well a IE all just as bad. I phoned Fasthosts now in the Phillipines. What appeared to sound like a young schoolboy answered , he twice emailed my a 5 number code both fail to allow me to log in. A have no trouble with a similar password emailed to me by Amazon.

I wonder am I allowed to change to another server like Go Daddy for the web space and Domaine name without having to pay again?

Blood
    Blood

Fasthosts says the following about acceptable passwords so check your password complies:

• You must choose a password that is at least 8 characters in length. Remember, the longer your password is, the more secure it will be.
    • You must use at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and one number.
    • You can use exclamation marks (!), dollar symbols ($), ampersands (@), or ampersands (&) in your password. Any other symbols are not permitted.
    • You can not use any of your previous ten passwords.

With regards to transferring from Fasthosts to another registrar: https://help.fasthosts.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1838

If you set up with a new provider you will probably need to pay a new subscription. If you are unable to resolve your isue via Fasthosts support, contact Nominet
    https://www.nominet.uk/resources/complaints/

I had to do this for one of our business domains because the registrar was rubbish. They moved our domain name to a new provider without any penalty and the registration period continued as if nothing had happened. It was a painless process.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.