make multiple sessions without RDP

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 7 make multiple sessions without RDP

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gogi100 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gogi100

i have workstation windows 7 pro. i want to make multiple remote sessions or make remote session and from active remote session making multiple sessions on this workstations. i know that i can use patch for remote desktop, but there are tools that work it? i used teamviewer. this tool enable making multiple session but all connected users see same desktop.
    thank’s

wullieb1

Re: make multiple sessions without RDP

gogi100;272852 wrote:
    i have workstation windows 7 pro. i want to make multiple remote sessions or make remote session and from active remote session making multiple sessions on this workstations. i know that i can use patch for remote desktop, but there are tools that work it? i used teamviewer. this tool enable making multiple session but all connected users see same desktop.
    thank’s

You need a terminal server not a client OS to achieve this.

gogi100

application does not use terminal. there’s is alternative for terminal?

Ossian

Client OSes will allow one (only) connection which can be either local or remote (for Pro, anyway).

You can “switch user” to allow a current user session to be frozen and a new one allowed.

There are also some products to “multiseat” the computer (see http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/21986-1-pc-2-screens-2-mice.html) for some details, but you may well be breaking the Windows license agreement using them

Note for a couple of users, you can use Windows Serrver without Terminal Services as it will support 2 connections in “remote admin” mode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By