Looking for a good remote support software

Home Forums Other Misc Looking for a good remote support software

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar mohmonem 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    davids355

I’m used to using Logmein, but I want to see what else is out there, for managing remote PC access.

Teamviewer looks good and I like the one off pricing.

Vnc seems a bit expensive.

Bomgar I can’t even find pricing!

Any others worth looking at?

James Haynes

Re: Looking for a good remote support software

labtech makes a package we use here in Tampa. supports RDP, VNC, uVNC, telnet, ssh, etc…

really nice piece of software. very useful and not super expensive…

we use it in conjunction with ConnectWise for tickets and RMM.

EarthReactor

Just had a quick look. It’s looks really good. I like the sound of the workstation deployment that is mentioned in the ROI calculator.

James Haynes

its pretty versatile software. it even updates tickets and sends out emails to clients, schedules updates, alerts for blacklisted software, monitors AV, watches hardware, you name it, it does it.

its cool because they are right here in Tampa and their development team is really cool. anything we ask them to do or fix, they jump on it.

we currently have about 2,000+ clients we manage with labtech… all from a single console and only one set of credentials to do whatever you want to do.

EarthReactor

Sounds really good. Sounds like it would be expensive though (as it sounds like an all in one solution).

Ossian

Moving to Misc forum

cruachan
    Participant

VNC IMO is pretty much enterprise class. It’s great if you have AMT on all of your machines so you can connect to the onboard KVM and do remote rebuilds. It’s like having iLO/DRAC on desktops and laptops, but as you say not cheap.

Make sure whatever you choose is compatible with UAC though. Most are now, but not all.

biggles77
    Spectator

When in Rome, I choose LogMeIn Hamachi (VPN) and a lot cheaper than LogMeIn. Good for corporate support but absolutely no good for the Home versions of Windows due to their no RDP support.

tehcamel
    tehcamel

for something similar to Labtech (although not as advanced) try Naverisk.
    It gives remote control (either vnc or RDP) as well as inbuilt ticketing, alert management, and other things. It’s aimed at MSPs but would work well for a single organisation.. create each location as it’s own site.. so you could have different policies and administrators for each site.

what it doesn’t do though, is GPO tie-ins.

I can set you up a demo on my hosted product if you wish, if you like it, can move ahead direct with naverisk

think it’s something like 4K a year for 150 or 200 seats ?

mohmonem

You can try on premise R-HUB remote support servers for all your remote support need. It provides a simple and easy to use interface and works on all platforms viz Windows, MAC, Android, iOS etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.