Logon Scritp doesn’t run

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Si_Pe 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Si_Pe

Hello all,

I have a small problem where the logon script doesn’t run on logon. I have created a new bat file and put the correct name in the profile part of the user and when I logon as the user the script doesn’t run.

I have checked the users have access to run the logon script ok and once the user is logged in I can browse to the netlogon share and run the script ok but it wont run on logon.

I have tried this with old users changing it to another script but it still doesn’t run on logon but some users are ok?

I am a little bit confused by it. We are running windows 2000 advance server with sp4. I have also tried putting the users in a group policy and adding the logon script to the policy but the policy locks everything down as it should but still doesn’t run the script?

Has anyone got any suggestions where I can start looking?

Cheers
    Simon

Si_Pe

Re: Logon Scritp doesn’t run

Ignore this post!

I was being stupid again! One of the netlogon shares had no permissions for users!

Thanks
    Simon

biggles77
    Spectator

Not stupid at all as it is easy to do. I am sure your post and reply will be of some use to others having a similar problem.

Simon, we appreciate you posting back with the fix. Wish they were real for you. :beer: :beer:

Si_Pe

biggles77;75800 wrote:
    Not stupid at all as it is easy to do. I am sure your post and reply will be of some use to others having a similar problem.

Simon, we appreciate you posting back with the fix. Wish they were real for you. :beer: :beer:

True I guess, just feel a bit dumb!

Cheers
    Simon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.