Laps query

Home Forums Security General Security Laps query

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar wullieb1 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    confuseis
    Participant

Hi

Laps (Local admin password solution)

I have deployed but having one issue

Also have some queries, I’ve read the documentation available online but still not clear to me.

Issue:

Somehow laps removes a digital cert from the cert store of machines.
    I know this sounds unrelated and unlikely but ive tested and can confirm every time laps is onboarded that cert is removed.

Query:

1) Does the laps clients server end need to be installed on every DC or just the one ?
    e.g. does the laps client need to be directly Installed and present on the DC that the end user is authenticating to ?

2) I’ve ran the Laps schema update command but is running that command once on on DC adequate or does it need to be run on the other DC’s also ?
    I doubt it but need to be sure.

3) Upon deployment of Laps via GPO I cant see the laps client install in the control panel of the workstation
    Is there an easy way to tell if laps has been deployed on that workstation ? e.g. look for file in folder etc.

wullieb1

1) Are you talking about the management server? Install this on only one server
    2) You only need to run it once. Normal AD replication will replicate the AD changes to other DC’s
    3) I don’t have a laps install handy bu i believe it installs into the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder. You’d need to check this however.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.