Isa 2000 & SSL Port

Home Forums Security General Security Isa 2000 & SSL Port

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar cruachan 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Si_Pe

Hi all,

We have a website which SSL port is 444 and ISA 2000 only allows 443 as far as I can see but I need to be able to add the 444 port. In 2004 you can use a tool call ISA PRE which is really easy and lets you add the new port easily. I have looked on the web and seen it’s possible but Via scripts and that’s where it starts to fall down for me, I am not very hot on vb scripts so need a little help.

I have found some useful info but the link to the script doesn’t work.

http://consultingblogs.emc.com/markwilson/archive/2005/07/15/1800.aspx

http://www.isatools.org/tools.asp?Context=ISA2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283284 – this looks what I need but I am unsure how to put the code into a script and make it run?

I know some people will ask why are we still using ISA 2000 etc but we are and it works fine for what we need at the moment (well apart from this issue) I just haven’t got the time to upgrade all our servers at the moment.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
    Si

cruachan
    Participant

Re: Isa 2000 & SSL Port

From isaserver.org:-
    http://forums.isaserver.org/m_50246000/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#50246000
    Seems you can just do it via a publishing rule, and if anyone knows it’s Tom Shinder.

And I will say you should upgrade your firewall. ISA 2000 is now 3 versions out of date and well past EOL with Microsoft. Not what I would recommend for an edge device.

Si_Pe

cruachan;231267 wrote:
    From isaserver.org:-
    http://forums.isaserver.org/m_50246000/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#50246000
    Seems you can just do it via a publishing rule, and if anyone knows it’s Tom Shinder.

And I will say you should upgrade your firewall. ISA 2000 is now 3 versions out of date and well past EOL with Microsoft. Not what I would recommend for an edge device.

Hi,

Thanks for your repy!

Any idea how to set this up? I can’t seem to see get it to work. Its on my list to upgrade to 2006 in the coming months but need to give users access to the site as soon as possible.

Thanks again,
    Si

Si_Pe

Hi,

I have tried the below link but can’t get the external thing to work. Should the link work for HTTPS as well as FTP?

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Install_and_Configure_FTP_Server_behind_ISA_Server_2000_with_unstandard_port.html

Cheers,
    Si

cruachan
    Participant

Fraid not, I know very little about ISA 2000. If it was 2004/6 or TMG I could help more. Dumber may be able to help though.

Si_Pe

cruachan;231362 wrote:
    Fraid not, I know very little about ISA 2000. If it was 2004/6 or TMG I could help more. Dumber may be able to help though.

Thanks for your help!

Si_Pe

Help with script

Hello all,

I am trying to get a script to work to add a new SSL port into ISA 2000 but I cannot get it to work at all. Now I haven’t got the best knowledge when it comes to this sort of thing so wondered if someone could help me out?

I have another post in the General network section but I hope I don’t get abused for posting again but I know know what I need to do but can’t get the script to work.

Can someone help?

The script I need to make is below.

Code:
    set isa=CreateObject(“FPC.Root”)
    set tprange=isa.GetContainingArray.ArrayPolicy.WebProxy.TunnelPortRanges
    set tmp=tprange.AddRange(“SSL 444”, 444, 444)
    tprange.Save

The ports I want to add are 444

The above was taken from here – http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283284

Thanks!

Wired

Re: Help with script

Threads merged.

Since that’s vBScript, copy that stuff, put into a text file, then rename the *.txt file to *.vbs file. Either double click it or run in a command window (the latter’s better in case an error pops up).

Si_Pe

Re: Help with script

Wired;231565 wrote:
    Threads merged.

Since that’s vBScript, copy that stuff, put into a text file, then rename the *.txt file to *.vbs file. Either double click it or run in a command window (the latter’s better in case an error pops up).

Thanks for your help, I will post my results!

Thanks for merging the thread too!

Si_Pe

Hi,

I have tried to run the script and have got the below error, could anyone help?

ErrorISA.jpg

Thanks,
    Simon

Rems
    Rems

try:

Code:
    newRangeName = “SSL 444”
    newTunnelPort = CDbl(444)

Set isaArray = isa.GetContainingArray()
    Set tpRange = isaArray.ArrayPolicy.WebProxy.TunnelPortRanges

set tmp = tprange.AddRange(newRangeName,newTunnelPort,newTunnelPort)

tprange.Save

Si_Pe

I have fixed it, whoop Whoop!

The script needed set in front of the tprange, not sure how I managed it as copied it from the MS document.

set tprange=isa.Arrays.GetContainingArray.ArrayPolicy.WebProxy.TunnelPortRanges
    set tmp=tprange.AddRange(“SSL 444”, 444, 444)
    tprange.Save

It works a treat after restarting the ISA services.

Thanks for your help!

Si_Pe

Rems;231634 wrote:
    try:

Code:
    newRangeName = “SSL 444”
    newTunnelPort = CDbl(444)

Set isaArray = isa.GetContainingArray()
    Set tpRange = isaArray.ArrayPolicy.WebProxy.TunnelPortRanges

set tmp = tprange.AddRange(newRangeName,newTunnelPort,newTunnelPort)

tprange.Save

Thanks,

I had noticed I was missing a “set”

Thanks for reply!

Dumber
    Participant

Glad it worked, but when you are going to migrate, move to TMG straight away.

Edit: moved to General Security, since it belongs to a security product… well, “security”

Si_Pe

Dumber;231641 wrote:
    Glad it worked, but when you are going to migrate, move to TMG straight away.

Edit: moved to General Security, since it belongs to a security product… well, “security”

Will do!

Thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.