internet over wireless router

Home Forums Networking General Networking internet over wireless router

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar georgeeye 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gogi100

I have ADSL modem and internet speed 1mbit. house next to two desktop computers and laptops have a computer that has a wireless card. is it possible to set up another wireless router adsl modem after that I got the internet via wireless?
    thanks

georgeeye

Re: internet over wireless router

Yes the wireless router and ADSL router/modem will need to be on different subnets, and have routes to each other, but it will work.

gogi100

ADSL router / modem must be on the WAN port wireless router or not? how to set up the wireless router settings to laptops can access the Internet?

hongman

I’m not sure if I understand the question properly but…

If you already have a (non-wireless) ADSL modem in place connected to the internet, and you want to provide wireless internet access to other PC’s or Laptops then all you need is a Wireless AP.

This can just plug directly into your wired network, pick up a DHCP address and broadcast a wireless signal.

Obvious security risks aside, this is the most straight forward way to do it.

If you wouldnt mind re-phrasing your question though, could probably give a better answer!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By