Interesting review of Windows Hate

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 8 Interesting review of Windows Hate

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Avatar nzrqv7 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    biggles77
    Spectator
    cruachan
    Participant

Re: Interesting review of Windows Hate

Windows 8 is (IMO) a Public Beta of Windows 9 that MS know won’t really catch on. Much like Windows XP, Windows 7 will live a long life in the enterprise.

Why is it so bloody hard to find shutdown in Windows 8? :twisted:

Dumber
    Participant

I used the Power Off button in VMware for a couple of times because I couldn’t find it either :)

JeremyW
    JeremyW

I kinda agree with cruachan. I think MS is really going after the tablet/phone/consumer market with Windows 8 and are expecting businesses to skip this release.

biggles77
    Spectator

Steve Barmy has stated that he expects Windows Hate to outsell Windows 7 next year. Wish I had kept the link for that one. Might be time for him to retire and spend some quality time with Billy G and his commendable charity work.

wullieb1

I’ve installed it trying to see if i could get used to it but i can’t.

I use a Windows Phone 7 BTW so the metro interface on that is brilliant but not for a laptop or desktop.

Dumber;260089 wrote:
    I used the Power Off button in VMware for a couple of times because I couldn’t find it either :)

Same here. I downloaded Server 2012 RC and can log off just fine, but don’t see a shut down anywhere.

biggles77
    Spectator

Do a CTRL + ALT + DEL and the Power Down button it the bottomish right side of the window. Wucking feird if you ask me.

mehniggaznah

I think windows 8 will only make sense when MS finally release the “Surface”…

Lior_S

I have heard some wild speculative rumor, that windows 8 is meant to be used with kinect, like from xbox…..that would be very interesting. The metro thing, which I currently HATE, might actually work well that way. Aside from metro thing its quiet snappy and I love it.

nzrqv7

I like Windows 8,too. Microsoft Surface will be a real iPad rival in the enterprise !

Ossian

I have to agree about the surface – being an old “Tablet PC” hand, I have missed them for the last couple of years (yes, I know you can get Win 7 tablets, but the specs are too low for me) and am really looking forward to an i5 8-12Gb Surface (with stylus and OneNote)

Wired

http://bradcolbow.com/archive/view/the_brads_windows_8/

Dumber
    Participant

From Gartner
    http://blogs.gartner.com/gunnar-berger/windows-8-part-1-a-business-decision/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.