Install software from share drive without adming right

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Install software from share drive without adming right

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Russell Smith Russell Smith 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bato1986
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I prepared one shared drive (Server\Install) with freeware applications. I want to grant access for domain users to can install on his PC only application from this share…
    When client run install from share need enter admin password, so I can’t provide him admin password because that will allowe him fully access…
    What is the best options to provide client access to install only software from the white list (shared drive)?

Best Regards,
    Alex

Russell Smith
    Russell Smith
    Participant

Hello Alex,

An endpoint privilege management solution, like BeyondTrust, should be able to solve your problem: https://www.beyondtrust.com/endpoint-privilege-management

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By