install printer/driver via GPO

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services GPO install printer/driver via GPO

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar sara 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello! :D

I have installed a new FaxServer, which is based un a Linux OS (bought it from a local company) so that we can print our file and will be sent by fax (Like GFI FaxMaker)

There is a shared printer on that Linux server, which all computer can see, but there is only one complication. When I want to connect the printer, I need to specify a printer driver, which is the: HP Laserjet 4/4MP PS (Which is already builtin Windows)

Is there any way from the GPO, to force a computer to connect this printer, with the windows driver of: HP Laserjet 4/4MP PS ?

By the way, the domain controller is a 2003 for the GPO.

Thanks for any help!

akitafan

Re: install printer/driver via GPO

See if this helps.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Deploying-Printers-Group-Policy-Windows-R2.html

sara

Thanks I’ll take a look at this.

using this, will be to have the linux printer connected to the server, then shared to the computer?

sara

Well, again sorry for delay, I’m really busy, we need more staff :(

I went with this for now: RunDll32.EXE printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n Printer, for now, worked fine but I configured our printer server wit ha printer connected to the fax Directly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.