Implementing One Drive and migrating user docs etc

Home Forums Office Office 365 Implementing One Drive and migrating user docs etc

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dext 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • 5habbaranks

Hi guys,

Having a real tussle with this one Ive added the ADML and ADMX files to start the implementation. The initial policy states to

**DO THE FOLLOWING BEFORE TURNING ON THIS SETTING**
    Please update the default ADMX file template to use your tenant’s ID and string for the default OneDrive folder path that you want to use.

I cant seem to find any reference to what this means exactly? Could anyone shed some light on it for me please?

I found the location within the ADMX file

{INSERT YOUR CHOSEN PATH HERE}

[/CODE]

Thank you[CODE]

{INSERT YOUR CHOSEN PATH HERE}

[/CODE]

Thank you

JeremyW

Could you post the location to the reference material?
    Here’s how to find your tenant ID:https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Find-your-Office-365-tenant-ID-6891b561-a52d-4ade-9f39-b492285e2c9b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

I suspect the default path is for where you want to have the local path for the OneDrive sync but I’m not sure. I’d have to see the documentation.

Dext

Hi,
    I managed to get this going on some machines and its working well. The machines which seem to play up are the ones with Office 2010 on, Ive pushed what I thought was OneDrive for business to their machine but it seems to run as plain old OneDrive.

I cant seem to find an offline installer of OneDrive for business that works so Im testing with the one packed with Office 2013. Am I correct in thinking this shouldn’t be a license issue?

JeremyW

Microsoft merged the OneDrive and OneDrive for Business clients so they are the same thing now.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-started-with-the-new-OneDrive-sync-client-in-Windows-615391c4-2bd3-4aae-a42a-858262e42a49?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

If you used to use the OneDrive for Business client there are instructions for migrating: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Transition-from-the-previous-OneDrive-for-Business-sync-client-4100df3a-0c96-464f-b0a8-c20de34da6fa

JeremyW

Looks like there’s a bug in the ADMX template. It’s trying to literally use %username% instead of expanding it to the current username. Take a look at this thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com…um=winserverGP

Dext

Nice one you were right, although strangely enough Ive now implemented a group policy to add a user environmental setting which doesn’t apply. Would that be down to a rights thing even though its been pushed by gp?

JeremyW

Can you give some detail on what you’ve configured? Maybe start a new topic if it’s not related to the OneDrive ADMX.

Dext

Hi,
    Ive configured the ADMX file with our tenants name and points to the location where I want the onedrive configured %userprofile%OneDrive – tenants name getting another weird and wonderful Microsoft message when I log into the admin portal that OneDrive is not provisioned – but I go to a client and all is fine checking files are syncing.

JeremyW

Interesting. Can you post the message verbatim?

Have you checked the licenses (and any sublicenses) are assigned properly?

Here’s an example screenshot. Make sure whatever version of Sharepoint Online is enabled:
    [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”full”,”title”:”2017-07-10_1210.png”,”data-attachmentid”:511776}[/ATTACH]

Dext
    JeremyW;n511775 wrote:
    Interesting. Can you post the message verbatim?

Have you checked the licenses (and any sublicenses) are assigned properly?

Here’s an example screenshot. Make sure whatever version of Sharepoint Online is enabled:
    [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”full”,”title”:”2017-07-10_1210.png”,”data-attachmentid”:511776}[/ATTACH]

Thanks – turns out its a current issue on O365 and OneDrive, M$ are investigating.

User Impact: Admins may observe that users are displayed as “OneDrive is not provisioned” within the Office 365 admin center.

Current status: Our investigation determined that a recent update to the environment inadvertently caused impact to an API call between the Office 365 admin center and SharePoint Online. We’ve developed a fix and we’re preparing to deploy it to the affected environment. We’re expecting the deployment to complete before Friday, July 14, 2017.

JeremyW

Thanks for the info. Good to know. 8)

JeremyW

I’ve not used this before. But in the post, the following is added to the ADML:
    in

OneDrive Sync Folder

in

%USERPROFILE%

[/CODE]
    There is no existing presentationtable.[CODE]in

OneDrive Sync Folder

in

%USERPROFILE%

[/CODE]
    There is no existing presentationtable.

Dext

Ideal I thought that might be the case – is there a way to test these modified admladmx files? I’m hesitant to put them into policy definitions until I can see they are working?

Scrap that I can add them to C:WindowsPolicyDefinitions

Dext

Annoyingly after all this faffing it would seem the best option is to leave the group policy side alone…. When one drive installs (without any gp’s set) it adds the tenant name to the folder path and away you go.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.