HYPERV 2016 V-Networking

Home Forums Virtualization Microsoft Hyper-V Technology HYPERV 2016 V-Networking

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Aidan Finn 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MarkJones
    Participant

Hi,

Can someone help me out please.  I have being testing Virtual Networking using Hyperv 2016.  I have done the following using powershell….

1. Teamed 2 onboard Physical NICs so they use LACP…. This is working fine.

2 Added a VSwitch (Called VSwitch1) and linked it to my LCAP TEAM.

3 Created 5 VNICs (Called, “Client Connections”, “Live Migration”, “ClusterHB”, “iSCSI” and “MgmtLan”) each VNIC was given a minimum bandwidth weight, and linked to my VSwitch called “VSwitch1”.

At this point I can use all my VNics in my host for connectivity no problem, except for “Client Connections” VNIC.  The issue I have is with the guest network connections.  When I go to select a connection for my Guest OS, it only shows me the VSwitch1…..

Do I need to created another VSwitch and link it to my VNIC called “Client Connections” for my guest to access the network.?

Regards

Mark.

Ossian

Unless we are completely at cross purposes, VNICs belong to the guest VM and are attached to a VSwitch, so what you describe seems to be normal behaviour

Aidan Finn
    Participant

Mark,

Your VMs will each get their own vNIC and connect to the switch directly. I’m assuming that the vNICs you mention in your original question are “management OS” vNICs – these are the parent/management OS of the host only.

Aidan.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.