How to sync Active Directory with a Windows file server?

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 How to sync Active Directory with a Windows file server?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  santlalsaini 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I want to make a windows file server,with AD user group folders and user(the users that are in the group) folders in it.And i want the file server to change the folders if they are changed in the AD. That way the file server will be well arranged.The question is how to sync them. Is there a tool for that?Or maybe [MOD EDIT LINKS DELETED AND POSTER BANNED]i can do it with a script?

Ossian

I’m sorry, but that doesn’t really make sense to me. Could you give an example (before and after) of how you would like the file structure to change?

biggles77
    Spectator

Tom, the OP and this guy, joshadams, https://www.petri.com/forums/forum/s…nd-i-need-help, both have the same IP. It appears to be an Indian proxy https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/103.66.212.103 and my suspicious mind was thinking, what are the chances of two first time posters asking questions about server stuff especially one mentioning a tool for what they want done both posting on the same day.

Why use an Indian proxy when there are more suitable ones in Japan. My daughter is in Japan at Uni finishing her Double Masters but she also has an IT degree hence me knowing about the more suitable proxies. Worth watching and any funny shit it’s STRIKE THREE!

[EDIT]User banned, wow, that was a surprise. :twisted:

Anonymous

I understand what you’re trying to do, to keep straight the relationship between the various permission groups in AD vs the folders on the file server that they apply to. I do that. The only sync I know of is your eyes, and the naming convention you use with the group names, and OU structure same as the folders. This is where ‘IT’ becomes ‘IM’ (Information Management). The idea is to plan out how your info store will be structured, and ensure the users keep it that way. Your AD OU structure would follow that. As long as major changes are planned ahead of time and you’re involved in that planning, you should be OK. Without mgt buy-in, it’s a crap-shoot.

santlalsaini
    brandystarbite;n517938 wrote:
    I want to make a windows file server,with AD user group folders and user(the users that are in the group) folders in it.And i want the file server to change the folders if they are changed in the AD. That way the file server will be well arranged.The question is how to sync them. Is there a tool for that?Or maybe can do it with a script?

check out this page –
    good day!

biggles77
    Spectator

Mark, if you want to make you first BAN, then I don’t think you could get any better than this tool. Check #Post 12 for the decider. https://www.petri.com/forums/forum/s…try-and-repair [EDIT] Bugger, looks like someone deleted this post before I could hide it. Never mind, it was still rubbish and IMO the user should be banned.

He is also posting via an Indian proxy that 3 or 4 others have used and been banned for posting links to “tools you must have” .

I have Unapproved my post and the one above so only Moderators can see them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.