How to restore exchange database on the different hardware

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 How to restore exchange database on the different hardware

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar James Haynes 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    shawn

Dear Daniel Petri

Only you can solve this problem, please reply soon……..

I have an emergency problem. My DC server (Windows 2000 Advanced server with exchange 2000) just collapsed and it seems that the motherboard is dead. The server warranty just ended a few months ago and we’ve ordered a new server with windows server 2003 and exchange 2003.

Now i want to know, is it possible to restore the edb and stm files from a backup tape, copy it to the new server with exchange 2003, then restoring it somehow? if yes how do i do it?

Thank u all for help, usefull or not.

Some information about my current scenario…….

-As this was the single server, I don’t have any ADC.
    -my new server is HP DL380g4
    -I have the last day both online and offline backup.

Shawn

James Haynes

Re: How to restore exchange database on the different hardware

shawn;86159 wrote:
    is it possible to restore the edb and stm files from a backup tape, copy it to the new server with exchange 2003, then restoring it somehow? if yes how do i do it?

you just said it…

restore the edb and stm files from a backup tape, copy it to the new server with exchange 2003.

shouldnt be that hard if you have kept up with your backups.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By