How to make windows 7 boot fast?

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 7 How to make windows 7 boot fast?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ossian 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous

I use a Dell Latitude E5410 laptop running Windows 7, which is a slow startup, so how do I get my laptop to boot faster and run smoother?

biggles77
    Spectator

Please define your version of fast?  In fact a time in seconds or minutes and seconds would help along with what software you have when booting, version of Windows 7, 32 or 64 bit, what CPU it has, how much RAM, HDD capacity and rotational speed and how much free space on the C Partition.

Blood
    Blood

Biggles77’s request for specs will help. In the meantime:

Free space will certainly make a difference if you don’t have enough.

You can use msconfig to determine what is running at startup – you may not need or want everything listed to run. Disabling non-essential entries can help speed up a machine.

Check your event logs and look for errors – your disk may need a one-off defragmentation or there may be errors in the OS that need to be fixed.

Check your security software – is it up to date? Have you run a malware scan? If malware is running it can consume resources (CPU, RAM etc.). Make sure you only have one anti-virus product running.

There are lots of things you can check.

Ossian

And of course, someone might just happen to come along with a magical commercial solution…..

….spam sense tingling (as usual)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.