How to host a printer on Windows Server?

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2016 How to host a printer on Windows Server?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Ossian 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Darryncosta
    Participant

I’m the new IT guy and I’m learning at a million miles a minute (on my own). Networking, servers, phone systems, ahh!!

Anyway, all our printers are hosted on a server and I wanted to keep that consistent. My question is: How do you host a printer with its driver on Windows Server 2008? I want to be able to go to any computer on our domain, go to ‘\\server’ and see all of our printers right there.

If I wasn’t detailed enough or am posting on the wrong sub, please let me know. Thanks!!

Ossian

Add the print server role (if not already there) then go into the print management console

You can add ports and drivers independent of the printer, then deploy printers (in Microsoft terms, that means the print queue) as well as using Group Policy to roll them out to users

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By