How to create a report

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tolmie 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • tolmie

Can someone point me in the right direction, I’m looking to create a report for which machines have certain adobe products installed such as Photoshop, Reader, etc etc

Ossian

Do you have any particular system management software (e.g. SCCM) installed in your environment. If so I believe SCCM has a report for particular software packages – the inventory can certainly find them.

If not, you could have a look into PowerShell Desired State Configuration to detect their presence and, if found, write something to a central log file

tolmie

Hi there Ossian, yes I’m using SCCM 2012 and new to it, I know it has reporting and has default reports available. I want to create a report for specific versions of Adobe and also for uk only, we have sites across the world but want to do a specific report for the uk.

Ossian

I don’t have an SCCM server in front of me, but if you check your reports you should find an “installed software” one. You can then create a UK collection and report against that

tolmie

We dont have a uk collection but a europe one, I think the best way is to create a custom report with sql and input the requirements, we could also create a uk collection and run the query against that.

By the way Ossian, you have been on here for years and I’m sure a great help for everyone, I belevie your also from my neck of the woods.

Ossian

Depends where “your neck of the woods” is, but I escaped from “Dahn Sarff” years ago and now live in the “Blootoon”

You can create as many collections as you like, so an additional UK one shouldn’t be an issue if you can find some suitable property/properties to base it on

tolmie

Ok heres where I’m at. I have managed to use one of the in built report which is “computers with certain software in add/remove programs”, my next question is this, does anyone know the syntax value to search for more than one bit of software, just now I input %adobe% which finds all adobe software but i need to be more specific such as Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign all in one search rather than finding everything that has Adobe.

tolmie

Ignore my last email, I think what I’m going to do is what you said above, create a uk collection and run each software report against that, it will also keep it tidy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.