How to change Information management policy settings with PowerShell (SP2013)

Home Forums Scripting PowerShell How to change Information management policy settings with PowerShell (SP2013)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar RicklesP 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    OferGal
    Participant

I have a few thousands of SharePoint sites each with a “Secure Documents” library. I need to change “Information management policy settings” for each one on document, I need to “Enable Auditing” and Specify the events to audit: v Opening or downloading documents, viewing items in lists, or viewing item properties v Editing items v Checking out or checking in items v Moving or copying items to another location in the site v Deleting or restoring items

I know how to loop through all site collections and webs and get the library for each one. I don’t know how to refer to the “Information management policy settings” Can anyone help

RicklesP
    Participant

By searching on Google with this string: “sharepoint 2013 information management policy changes powershell”, the first 2 or 3 hits are very informative about what you’re trying to do. The Technet article shows one person’s in-work code, and then he posts his own working corrections.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.