How to add local user group to a Local Security Policy

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 How to add local user group to a Local Security Policy

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vendetta 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • CrisRuiz

Hello,

I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard computer and I’ve created several local users and local user groups.
    I have added some of my users to the administrators group and to the groups I created.
    I’m trying to assign the user groups to the Access this computer from the network and Allow log on locally but I’m not able to see them listed in the Add User or Groups even when I perform a search. I’m using an administrator account so I know I have the right user.

Does any body know why?

Regards,
    Cris

Blood

When you add the users/groups are you selecting the local machine as opposed to a domain (assuming you are using one)?

Vendetta

Hello,

Yes, in the From this location: I have the Local Machine selected. Thank you for asking, these computers are working in a Workgroup encironment.
    I can see all the local users I’ve create but for some reason the local groups are not listed.

Regards,
    Cris

Blood

Hmmm – our machines are in a domain, but I have just created a local group and, like you, am unable to see it via search or by typing group name on its own. However, if I typed server-namegroup-name I was able to add it.

Vendetta

Hi,

I find it very strange. In the Object Type options, I checked the “Group” box, then I did a search via the Advanced menu and I was able to list the user groups I created.
    I remember in previous versions I just had to type the user group and it would automatically find the groups I needed.
    I guess in Windows Server 2012 R2 one must enter the local server name and the group in order to find the group.

Regards,
    Cris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.