Hello, Hi, Welcome, Introduction – archive #5

Home Forums General Chat General Discussion Hello, Hi, Welcome, Introduction – archive #5

This topic contains 64 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Avatar eogbemi 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    danielp
    Participant

Welcome to the Petri.co.il forums. Please post your “Hi” message here on this thread. Please do NOT put your “Hi” message as a separate thread, post it here (click on “Post Reply” in this thread).

After doing so, and BEFORE posting on the live forums, make sure you read the general forum instructions and rules found on top of each forum. Posting content not according to the forum rules will get you banned. Myself and the other moderators usually shoot first and ask questions later.

So have a good stay, share your knowledge, contribute to the community, but be warned that this community will not tolerate posts that are not according to my rules.

Hello! just saying hi

Hello Everyone!
    Been reading this forum for a while, and decided to join

URLS REMOVED BY MOD

User has been banned for putting spam URLs in his post.

PaulH

Re: Hello, Hi, Welcome, Introduction – Newcomers – post HERE

Hi All,

I have been visiting the petri.co.il site for some time now and I find the articles very clear and helpful. So I thought I’d join up and see if I can help answer any questions on the forums!

Having had a look at the various posts, I have to say how refreshing it is to see a forum in which most people are polite and kind to each other – there are so many forums out there where people get made to feel small if they don’t know stuff – my motto is always to remember that I was an absolute beginner once! So congratulations on running a nice, helpful and polite set of forums, and I hope I can contribute somewhere along the way.

Best wishes,
    Paul.

Hey To ALL!!
    Master from Pakistan. i visited this forum some time, it touchs my hreat. hope i will learn well from here n will share what i have with me. here is a question i have. where i can post my question if i couldnt see a special section r subsection? hope admins will never mind. what i want to post is below,
    “here i have a P III 450 Dell Optiplex GX1 branded system. problam with that, system always being shutdown in 4 r less then 4 minutes. i have cleaned Ram saluts and other areas well! changed ram, power supply, Hard drive, Cd Rom. But same problam persist. some one have any solution then share plz”
    hope admins will guide me how to post in proper saction. take care all bye

Dumber
    Participant

post it in Windows XP forum. I assume you’re using windows. On the other hand, if you think it’s a hardware problem, post it in the misc forum.

rvalstar

PaulH;57128 wrote:
    Hi All,

I have been visiting the petri.co.il site for some time now and I find the articles very clear and helpful. So I thought I’d join up and see if I can help answer any questions on the forums!

Having had a look at the various posts, I have to say how refreshing it is to see a forum in which most people are polite and kind to each other – there are so many forums out there where people get made to feel small if they don’t know stuff – my motto is always to remember that I was an absolute beginner once! So congratulations on running a nice, helpful and polite set of forums, and I hope I can contribute somewhere along the way.

Best wishes,
    Paul.

Welcome Paul. You are obviously off to a good start with your post on WinDiff.

Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Do look at the forum rules so you appreciate when things aren’t that polite:

http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=26

Also, do not expect every poster with a problem to be as dilligent in giving feedback as you were in solving their problem. Some Original Posters are great and do plenty of up front work for you such that you can easily find that solution. Others, well it’s like going to the Dentist.

Do this not only for the OP but for the many that lurk and find the answer through this site or Google many months after the fact.

I hope you find this a rewarding experience.

Welcome aboard.

MEdwards

Good evening all,

I’m new to this forum and site & I have reveiwed some of the post in vaious sections and it appears that this is a good and knowledgable group. I am starting on my journey to MCSE cert on 2003. Currently cert’d on NT4 so I’m needing to make the long journey to upgrade. So wish me luck and I’m sure I’ll be looking for advice and assistance along the way! :grin:

smccray

Hello All,

Looks like a nice place to hang out…(pulls up a chair).

I’ve been immersed in IT for about 12 years now, dabbled for quite a few before that. That said, it doesn’t matter how many letters you have following your name, sooner or later you hit one that stumps you! Which brings me to why I’m here:

A :google: search of this site consistently brings good results – hopefully I’ll be able to contribute as well.

Daniel,

Thanks for your time and effort in hosting this undertaking! :beer:

Scott

MEdwards;58079 wrote:
    Good evening all,

I’m new to this forum and site & I have reveiwed some of the post in vaious sections and it appears that this is a good and knowledgable group. I am starting on my journey to MCSE cert on 2003. Currently cert’d on NT4 so I’m needing to make the long journey to upgrade. So wish me luck and I’m sure I’ll be looking for advice and assistance along the way! :grin:

TIP: see if you can study up on 2000 along the way (before you study 2003) – that way you will see how AD has grown from the Greatness that was NT4. 2003 will fall into place easily if you understand 2000.

Welcome, to all of you! :D:D:D

racerdeb

Stonelaughter;58505 wrote:
    TIP: see if you can study up on 2000 along the way (before you study 2003) – that way you will see how AD has grown from the Greatness that was NT4. 2003 will fall into place easily if you understand 2000.

I’ll second that motion.

Welcome MEdwards!

biggles77
    Spectator

NT 4 wasn’t great, Novell Netware 4, now THAT was great!! It was killed by the MS marketing machine. :cry: :cry: :cry:

In 1996, NT4 could hold 40,000 accounts (urban legend was that was the number of employees at Redmond) however, 25,000 was a more stable number. In the same year, Netware 4.xx had been tested with 1,000,000 Objects in NDS. Just slightly more then NT4 could muster. More so, Netware met the US DOD C2 Security classification. So did NT4 (until it had a certain blue cable plugged into it :shock: ).

pmullan

:beer: Hi everyone!
    Like a lot of us, I have been using Petri’s IT Knowledgebase for some time. I have found the information to be very helpful and I do appreciate all of the help.
    I look forward to browsing the forum and providing any help if I possilby can.

Thanks

baerb8

greetings from the top of the world (almost) :grin:
    i am counting myself lucky for having stumbled upon this site. i think i’ll learn allot from this community.
    cheers and stay warm
    it is bitter cold in Alaska right now. we are going through a cold spell which is suppose to last for 10 days, yikes. :shock:

olssa

A big hello from Sweden!:grin:

Dumber
    Participant

welcome all:beer:

isaac

Hi to all!

I’m Isaac, born in North Spain (Catalonia), raised in Israel ( from 18 y.o.) and now living close to Texas in North Mexico at Reynosa. i work as System Manager in a small company, We mainly use 2 win2k3 servers, one domain, one Citrix MPS 4.0 and over 50 remote clients. I give support to over 150 computers. I have a strong background in Linux (since 1994).

I been around this place since some time ago, but just now I decided to register here.

Thanks!

fatmanyash

welcome isaac, im sure you will enjoy the banter and most of all the knowledge to be gained here.

Jamie57

Hello and thanks for this forum. I’ve been on a few but this one looks like the place to be for computer people.
    I do my own builds and repairs and do so for my friends and family.
    I am able to fix most stuff on my own but occasionally I need an expert. Most aswers are so full of Arcane language they are over my head but you guys seem to keep it real.
    I’ll be here a lot it seems LOL

JeremyW
    JeremyW

Welcome Jamie57, hope you enjoy it here. Please help out wherever you can too. It’s all about the give and take. :grin:

Also, if you haven’t already, take some time to read the rules just so you don’t find yourself with a “two week vacation” ;) http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=26

Take care.

win2003

Hello, Hi,

HI All iam new Here and i Hope i do somthing on my side

biggles77
    Spectator

Hi Win and welcome to the Forums! I like to sleep on my side. Everyone else please note, I said sleep and NOT sheep!!:-?

Ossian

biggles77;62443 wrote:
    Hi Win and welcome to the Forums! I like to sleep on my side. Everyone else please note, I said sleep and NOT sheep!!:-?

I don’t have any choice — I get kicked over to my side. If the kids won’t sleep, I get kicked out completely :twisted:

Everyone note — Biggles was the first to mention sheep (again) :)

I’ve been a member for about two months now. This is the first time I consulted a forum and I’m intensely relieved to see I am not the only one with problems and questions. I followed MSCE 2000 but didn’t take any exams. Originally a teacher but in the last 4 years gradually changed to networking due to school developments. I will visit this forum very frequently

SecretCode

Hello & Hi

I’ve irregularly benefited from articles from petri.co.il in the past, but I’ve only just discovered the forums. And they look great!

Most of you (the posters) seem to be on server/administration/management/MSCE side of things. I’m an end user. (Although it sometimes seems to me I know more than the support people I have to get support from.) :grin: Are the forums mostly focused on support/management people?

I’m a contractor and I use my own notebook (currently XP Pro with SP2) and connect to the domains and mail systems of companies I contract for. I don’t set up or run my own domains or exchange servers or DNS servers.

Oh, and my real name is Joe.

JeremyW
    JeremyW

ronaldvanmourik, glad to have you here. Hope you found what you were looking for. And please share whenever you can. :D

SecretCode;63656 wrote:
    Most of you (the posters) seem to be on server/administration/management/MSCE side of things. I’m an end user. (Although it sometimes seems to me I know more than the support people I have to get support from.) :grin: Are the forums mostly focused on support/management people?

I’d say less support and more sys admin/consultant/and some management. Lots of people who are learning, lots of middle ground guys (like me), and quite a few experts hanging out here.

Glad to have you here Joe.

Be sure to check out the rules if you haven’t already. http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=26

jawadch

Hi! Very new in Petri forums. I was just advised by my friend to check Petri.co and after browsing decided to register myself. Although my responsibilities are not 100% relevant to computer field but off-curse knowledge sharing is always attracting for me.

biggles77
    Spectator

jawadch;63749 wrote:
    Hi! Very new in Petri forums. I was just advised by my friend to check Petri.co and after browsing decided to register myself. Although my responsibilities are not 100% relevant to computer field but off-curse knowledge sharing is always attracting for me.

Hi Jawadch, edited you original post as the font size was too small and hard to read. Suggest you try the default font setting on your next post and see how that goes.

Hope you enjoy the forums. :beer:

fred64

Damn but I’m tired wish I was working again so I could take it easy.

I have been happy to receive a lot of help fron the knowledge base on this site so I thought I would join the forums and see if my little bit od knowledge and experience could be of use.
    However I doubt it considering all the big brains there seems to be here:-P

Hi, Hello

I’m a System Admin who has found much good information from this site.
    At this point, I still have more questions that answers (migrated away from Netware to Windows 2003 over the past year!).

I’ll check in from time to time.

Lynn

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Hello, Hi, Welcome, Introduction – archive #5’ is closed to new replies.