Hello, Hi, Welcome, Introduction – Archive #1

Home Forums General Chat General Discussion Hello, Hi, Welcome, Introduction – Archive #1

This topic contains 216 replies, has 117 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Sprite K 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    danielp
    Participant

Welcome to the Petri.co.il forums. Please post your “Hi” message here on this thread. Please do NOT put your “Hi” message as a separate thread, post it here (click on “Post Reply” in this thread).

After doing so, and BEFORE posting on the live forums, make sure you read the general forum instructions and rules found on top of each forum. Posting content not according to the forum rules will get you banned. Myself and the other moderators usually shoot first and ask questions later.

So have a good stay, share your knowledge, contribute to the community, but be warned that this community will not tolerate posts that are not according to my rules.

JeremyW
    JeremyW

Hi

Couldn’t find the “Introductions forum” so I’m posting here.
    I’ve found this site very helpful. Thanks guys for all the great advice and expertise. Keep it up! Maybe I’ll be able to contribute too…. maybe =o)

danielp
    Participant

Re: Hi

Welcome! Hope you’ll enjoy your stay.

dchambers76

Hi

I am assuming this is the intorduction section of the website.

This forum looks fantastic and will certainly be high up in my favourites. I hope that I will be able to contribute to help somebody at some stage.

Cheers

Dave

wullieb1

Welcome.

Hope you’ll enjoy your stay.

effe8

Ciao !

Hello from Italy,

After I read some interesting tips and tutorials on the website, I though that would be a good experience to try the forum where is a good place to exchange info and to find answers at the problems !

Marian,

danielp
    Participant

Re: Ciao !

Ciao to you too! The forums are growing steadily and we need good people to give us a helping hand. Glad you’re around.

biggles77
    Spectator

dchambers76 wrote:
    I am assuming this is the intorduction section of the website.

This forum looks fantastic and will certainly be high up in my favourites. I hope that I will be able to contribute to help somebody at some stage.

Cheers

Dave

Only high on your favourites…..we hope it will be at the TOP of your favourites.:mrgreen:

Stay and enjoy!

Merro

Hi

HI EVERYBODY THIS IS MERRO FROM INDIA :o GLAD TO BE HERE

danielp
    Participant

Hi (newcomers say hello here)!

Welcome to our humble home!

I hope you not only take from the vast knowledge that is accumulated here, but also stay to give back and share your own knowledge.

Wired

Re: Hi (newcomers say hello here)!

Hello all! Here’s my brief intro:

Currently work in the IT dept. of a medium sized company here in Orlando, FL, USA. Basically 6 of us supporting something like 1800 users across 70 or so offices. 2003 domain, nothing legacy (thank goodness!). Most recent accomplishment at work: cleaning it up lol! We completely rewired our switches and routers last week, disconnected all unused ports in our main building, what a difference it made! We also cleaned up our back closet, home to everything imaginable.

Educational background: BS in IT (think information manipulation theory / basic background in CS / networks / unix / some other junk), MS in Computer Information Systems (think management degree that is centralized around technology and managing large projects / more IT theory / on hands stuff). A+ of course, working towards CCNA / N+ / server+ / MCSE w/ security specialization.

Currently I’m on the staff of two tech forums:
    http://www.houseofhelp.com (think standard PC stuff), home of Corsair Memory’s Official Support Forum
    http://www.webdesignforums.net (web design stuff)

VIP

H E L L O !!!

dwightgr

Hello You all !! I have a problem – My win/XP Pro has been invaded by Intelius , and it has modified my telephone number search’s (google – etc.) by redirecting them to Intelius and then wanting to charge for these search’s . How do I remove Intelius and then block it from reinvading again ??
    Thank You
    Dwight

danielp
    Participant

dwightgr wrote:
    Hello You all !! I have a problem – My win/XP Pro has been invaded by Intelius , and it has modified my telephone number search’s (google – etc.) by redirecting them to Intelius and then wanting to charge for these search’s . How do I remove Intelius and then block it from reinvading again ??
    Thank You
    Dwight

I’m sorry to hear you’ve got a problem, but see, I have one too. I create a set of new forums, I strictly enforce their policies, I clearly name each forum, put a nice description and all, and yet people seem to misunderstand their purpose.

Say, what does this “welcome” thread look like to you? Does it look like a nice place to say “hi”, or does it seem to you as the only logical spot for YOU to put YOUR personal support problems at? :evil:

So, as to your “hi”, hi to you too.

As to your personal problem, please make sure you carefully read the available forum titles and consider what is the right spot for your question. Then post it there.

Good luck.

dwightgr

Sorry I goofed !! I am new to this forum and obviously did not understand the structure !! Dwight

kaiodo

Re: MVMM Award is presented to m80arm!!!

Helo everybody.

paoloB

Hi guys! I’m new here. Just wanted to say hello to all.

jramirez

Hi to all from sunny California! 8)

In reading through the Study Tips (for certification) provided by Daniel Petri, I was really impressed by the continual exhortation to diligence. Just like bad company corrupts good character, I desire that the good character displayed in the article mentioned above and in these forums would enhance my character and abilities. So that in turn, I may contribute back to you all!

Glad to be part of this community!

Respectfully,

José

danielp
    Participant

jramirez wrote:
    Hi to all from sunny California! 8)

In reading through the Study Tips (for certification) provided by Daniel Petri, I was really impressed by the continual exhortation to diligence. Just like bad company corrupts good character, I desire that the good character displayed in the article mentioned above and in these forums would enhance my character and abilities. So that in turn, I may contribute back to you all!

Glad to be part of this community!

Respectfully,

José

Hi Jose, hope you contribute back to the community, glad to have you all around!

calinx

Hello All,

I heard about this forum from my coleague Csaba.
    Great job with this forum, also a lot of good and helpfull information.So here i am too,
    i will try to help as much as i can.

Regards,

Calin Irimies

rumrunner

Hi everyone,
    hope this is the right place, looked at all the forums and never found one called the Introduction forum that Daniel said to use to say Hello.

I have 4 computers, one with ME for an OS, one with Windows 2000 Pro a wireless Notebook and one that I am trying to get Windows XP Home installed on it.

Also I enjoy photography, use a Nikon 400 film. a 4 x5 Speed Graphic, and a Kodak 4 Megapixel and several others.

I like to build web pages. Right now I have a problem with an installation and as soon as I find the proper forum for it I will search for help. Good to be here on this forum, looks like good help, which I need on occasion.
    rumrunner

Dumber
    Participant

Welcome all.

biggles77
    Spectator

rumrunner wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I like to build web pages. Right now I have a problem with an installation and as soon as I find the proper forum for it I will search for help. Good to be here on this forum, looks like good help, which I need on occasion.
    rumrunner

What program are you having a problem installing? A safe place to post is the Misc Forum and if necessary we can then move it to a more approprite forum once more information is provided about your problem. :)

(Also, if you run out of space for your cameras, I am more than willing to store them at my place. :mrgreen: )

rumrunner

OK, I will try that forum. Thanks
    Rumrunner

kombat75

Hi (newcomers say hello here)!

Hi All,

I would just like to introduce myself to this fantastic forum, and say a big hello to you all.

What a fantastic site this is, these forums will help me out in many ways. I’m from the SG and could learn more from this forums :o

Cheers all

biggles77
    Spectator

And a big HELLO to you.

SG?? I give in! (Just don’t say Singapore):)

Ossian

SG = Star Gate?
    (but everyone knows that alien motherships are only Mac compatible:roll:)

Welcome to the forums!

Tom

Paulus

Well it’s almost morning in North Texas – so I’ll just say good morning, guys. I was directed to come to this location on the net to get some help for my computer. The person who suggested that I come here is Sam on the HP care team. He also gave me some pointers to try before trying anything else. I’ll let you know how it goes instead of me cluttering up the introduction forum with technical talk from a beginner.

Next time I’m on this thing will probably be about 18 – 19 hrs from now because I have to get some rest before waking up in about six in the morning to catch the T.A.P.S. bus to go to college.

rinklz

new here…

Apparently I am supposed to post and introduce myself or something. I am not ego-centric so I really don’t know what to add. The majority of my expertise is found in the Windows Server side of the house, although my focus has been in the world of Virtualization with VMware and MS Virtual Server for the last 5 years – so I would say that is my strongest area right now and where I intend to continue to focus my efforts on. Hopefully these forums will allow me to share my experience and learn from other too, that’s usually what forums are for, right? ;-)

wullieb1

Re: new here…

Welcome to the forums.

There is a nice new virtulization forum for you to spread your experience.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Hello, Hi, Welcome, Introduction – Archive #1’ is closed to new replies.